X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yelta
    replied
    Inox is a good product, been using it on the cam assy for many years.

Leave a comment:

• sten186
    replied
    Here is a cheaper alt to Molykote 111

https://www.jaycar.com.au/inox-mx6-p...-30gm/p/NA1032

Leave a comment:

• blend52
    replied
    Originally posted by Barry_Daniel View Post
    I presume that the cam that you mention is the one that actually depresses the switch on the case.
    No, it very unlikely to be that switch cam,.
    Normally its the internal valve operating cam .. ( Orange part in the diagrams above),.. that is the problem.
    As advised above , see the earlier posts for the fix.

Leave a comment:

• TC
    replied
    Hi Barry,

See Flynn's initial post in this thread for the how-to.

You should use a food grade lube for this job.

Leave a comment:

• baj
    replied
    Hi Barry
    Thanks for your quick response.
    I presume that the cam that you mention is the one that actually depresses the switch on the case.
    If so, can I lubricate it with silicon spray?
    Regards
    Barry no 2

Leave a comment:

• Barry O'Speedwagon
    replied
    Sounds like the lubrication on the cam?
    Typically gets reduced over time and particularly when you do a chemical backflush, but can get smoother again as you season the group (but sounds like you need to renew the lube).

Leave a comment:

• baj
    replied
    ECM Giotto's Lever Roughness

This morning, & for the past couple of days, I have noticed a significant stickiness/roughness in the action of my 10 y o Giotto's lever every time that I make a shot. A small knocking noise could be heard at the point that this roughness is felt.

I decided to get it serviced & have just made what I expected to be my last shot before taking it out for repair.

However, this time the action of the lever was as smooth as it normally used to be.

I am sure that it is not the pressure switch that is activated by the lever which is the cause as the roughness occurs just before the lever makes contact with the switch.

Can anyone offer some advice as to what the problem has been & is anything likely to be damaged if I continue to use it as is?

Leave a comment:

• Yelta
    replied
    Re: E-61 Group Machines - Brew Lever Lubrication

Originally posted by 56727B7B78784256726E70721D0 link=1229912598/36#36 date=1280667560
    I found 2 great diagrams of an E61 Group

Hope it helps

KK
    Good diagrams KK, best Ive seen.

Leave a comment:

• Koffee_Kosmo
    replied

I found 2 great diagrams of an E61 Group

Hope it helps

KK

Leave a comment:

• hotshod
    replied

Sure .... but in this case its not a Ducati 1098R ,4 valve desmo, 190bhp Superbike, .... I might just enjoy the coffee.

greg

Leave a comment:

• Dimal
    replied

Originally posted by 686F7473686F64000 link=1229912598/32#32 date=1236918922
    A big chunk  of S/s would be nice.
    Have any mates who work in a machine shop? ;D

Mal.

Leave a comment:

• flynnaus
    replied

Originally posted by 57504B4C57505B3F0 link=1229912598/32#32 date=1236918922
    Do you know if the Cam is made of brass too or some other material?

Id be guessing , but Id say so , I didnt put a magnet on it , and its obviously soft and prone to scoring.
    Definitely brass under the chrome. This is almost visible in the picture I added to the OP.

Leave a comment:

• hotshod
    replied

Originally posted by 705D595558340 link=1229912598/31#31 date=1236846169
    Do you know if the Cam is made of brass too or some other material?
    Id be guessing , but Id say so , I didnt put a magnet on it , and its obviously soft and prone to scoring.

A big chunk of S/s would be nice.

Greg

Leave a comment:

• Dimal
    replied

Originally posted by 31362D2A31363D590 link=1229912598/22#22 date=1236826363
    It is just a shame the chrome isnt of better quality.
    It might not be so much that the Chrome quality is suspect, possibly more to do with the underlying material not being resistant enough to prevent slight surface distortion as the switch operating mechanism runs over the surface. Do you know if the Cam is made of brass too or some other material?

Mal.

Leave a comment:

• hotshod
    replied

Well if the chrome has been removed you need to dress the surface , and we not dealing with paint where 800 g might be appropiate.

The idea for a light dressing is to stop more of the chrome from peeling back. It is just a shame the chrome isnt of better quality.
    As you can see from the pics provided by flynn , and mine looked the same, the chromes gone,and a light dressing could only improve the action.

cheers

Leave a comment:

Working...
X