Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Size of hole in the benchtop

Hi,

My parents are building a new house and plan on getting a plumbed in coffee machine so they came to me for advice. What I need to know is how large a hole is needed to be drilled into the bench top to facilitate water in, drain out and power.

Thanks in Advance.

MM

Re: Size of hole in the benchtop

Hi MM

Simple. A slightly larger diameter than the power plug. As long as you feed that through first, the rest will follow.

Comment

What you want to put in is one of these

Standard are 60 and 80mm and under $10

Comment

If you want to minimise the size of the hole, remove/cut off the plug, feed the power cord through and then reattach/rewire the plug. Bunnings sell DIY plugs for chump change.

Comment

Originally posted by 56637A702425130 link=1241510347/3#3 date=1241521539
          If you want to minimise the size of the hole, remove/cut off the plug, feed the power cord through and then reattach/rewire the plug.  Bunnings sell DIY plugs for chump change.
          Nothing against your suggestion Epic
          Thats OK for the power cord but MM wants the water in, drain out and power.

So for that reason I agree with Beanflyings suggestion

KK

Comment

Originally posted by 496D646467675D496D716F6D020 link=1241510347/4#4 date=1241527354
            Originally posted by 56637A702425130 link=1241510347/3#3 date=1241521539
            If you want to minimise the size of the hole, remove/cut off the plug, feed the power cord through and then reattach/rewire the plug.  Bunnings sell DIY plugs for chump change.

So for that reason I agree with Beanflyings suggestion

KK
            Unless your licensed... Removal of a plug is OK; but to re attach a power cord or a plug is ageist the law in Qld.

Stay safe guys..

Comment

Yep,

I "third" bfs suggestion 8-). Not only can you obtain these through-bench bushings/grommets but you can also get blanking covers in a few different colours for later on, if they decide to move house and leave the benchtop in a presentable state,

Mal.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I think they will go for the Grommet idea, kinda like (or exactly like ) the ones in computer desks.

Comment

Kind of exactly indeed

I had a bit of a scrounge around last week as I am building a new shop counter and I found some timber ones in the UK and also some in metal trim.

Jarrah counter deserves timber outlets 8-)

Comment

How about going through a wall? Might be easier to patch up later if they change their mind.

Comment

Originally posted by 0E2A232320201A0E2A36282A450 link=1241510347/4#4 date=1241527354
                      None taken! It was made "in addition" to the blanking cover, not instead of. A way of minimising the size of hole & cover used.

*makes note to self - dont abridge posts*

Comment

Working...
                      X