Graduated Shot Glasses - Where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graduated Shot Glasses - Where?

I have been using some nice graduated shot glasses for a month or so before the markings wore off >

Has anyone found glasses that retain their markings, and if so where do ya get em :-?

Re: Graduated Shot Glasses - Where?

I bought one only this week for $6.50 so too early to comment with regards to longevity of markings.
    Shame I dont work in a lab anymore, never a shortage of high quality glassware!

Comment

I just noticed that mine are the same as those with the red graduations sold by Coffee Parts.

Im wondering if the markings are not dishwasher safe :

Comment

i need one of them as well, just gestimating atm

Comment

Ive had mine for several years, bought originally from CoffeeParts, and the graduation (black) lines have not deteriorated at all. Maybe you could use some of that hobby glazing paint that you fire in a standard oven? Might be more permanent?

Mal.

Comment

Mine are not just graduated lines but actual readings as well, in ml - oz - teaspoons & tablespoons. They are red - at least they were

Comment

i just ordered mine

Comment

Di Bartoli have them
                http://www.dibartoli.com.au/products.asp?cid=27

But I prefer and own a
                Rattleware Measuring Glass
                includes a handle for comfortable grip & 2 spouts for drip-free pouring, Marked in 10 ml & 1/2 oz increments

KK

Comment

Whatever you do find, hand wash only!
                  Never in the dish washer. I suspect thats where your earlier markings are now hiding.
                  Richard

Comment

I buy mine by the 1/2 dozen from coffeeparts, and gentle hand-wash only. Dont use those green kitchen scrubbers or youll scratch the glass to pieces - I have one to prove it.

i buy them by the 1/2 dozen because Im a clutz and break everything all the time. wine glasses are my speciality, and I just broke one of my favourite 200ml tulip shaped coffee cups this morning (with my coffee in it) grrr.

Comment

Originally posted by 4F7A696B6D71080 link=1246502405/8#8 date=1247277164
                      I suspect thats where your earlier markings are now hiding
                      They are no doubt very clean by now :

Comment

I agree with KK above - I bought two Rattleware ones about 2 weeks ago from RealCoffee in Maitland and they are brilliant! They definitely dont go in the dishwasher though.

WIth buying the above, I retired the old graduated 30ml shot glasses that had lost their markings about a month after I purchased them (yes, cleaned in the dishwasher!).

The thing I particularly like about the RW ones is that, if you use narrow tall latte glasses, like I do, then they sit of their own accord in the top of the cups and you can let them drip every last drop of coffee out while youre texturing your milk.

Comment

Working...
                        X