Drip Tray grunge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drip Tray grunge

I know, I know. I should really scrub out the drip tray every coffee or so! >

But I dont--and the brown scum showing through the screen really detracts from the aesthetic experience of brewing.

Has anyone painted the inside of their drip tray black (or have one with a black lining)? How does this work? What do I use to paint stainless so it stays put?

Greg

Re: Drip Tray grunge

Originally posted by 45706765556D706F636E66020 link=1251018748/0#0 date=1251018748
    But I dont--and the brown scum showing through the screen really detracts from the aesthetic experience of brewing.
    That truly is sacrilege Greg....

I clean mine out every couple of days, only takes 30-40 seconds, a good wipe down with a m/f cloth and looks like new. Cant imagine ever leaving any crud to build up... :-?

Mal.

Comment

You will find that although you can successfully paint stainless steel its the liquid immersion that is the problem

Find a black plastic tray that fits neatly inside yours. Thats the way its usually done

KK

Comment

Oh for crying out loud...

Just clean it!  ;D :P

Itll take about 20 seconds of your time under hot water!  :

Either that or build yourself a bridge! (and get over it!) ;D

Or...

Take a cement pill... ;D :P

Comment

Originally posted by 796965657E6B556D6B660A0 link=1251018748/3#3 date=1251031479
          Oh for crying out loud...

Just clean it!  ;D :P

Itll take about 20 seconds of your time under hot water!  :

Either that or build yourself a bridge! (and get over it!) ;D

Or...

Take a cement pill... ;D :P

A bit of that Sponsors cleaning powder and it cleans its self..  Empty when the splashes and dribbles make a mess on teh bench top..

Comment

Originally posted by 143039393A3A0014302C32305F0 link=1251018748/2#2 date=1251029609
            You will find that although you can successfully paint stainless steel its the liquid immersion that is the problem  

Find a black plastic tray that fits neatly inside yours. Thats the way its usually done

KK
            Thanks KK, I hadnt thought of that--Ill see what I can come up with.

Unfortunately, (and seemingly unlike Mal), I can see through the screen on my drip tray and after only two or three coffees the water is brown with coffee oil staining the surface. Imagine cleaning it only every few days!

Heaven knows how caked up his screen is -- it appears he cant even see through it! ;D (Either that or my bifocals just put the bottom of the tray in focus.)

Greg

Comment

Mine only gets scummy if I only tip the water out without wiping a few times in a row.

The Expobar has a 2 litre drip tray so has the potential to be gross but I hardly ever let it get into that state.

Clean it!

Comment

The only water/detritus that ends up in the drip tray of my DJE comes from the 3-Way exhaust. Everything else is directed into a black plastic cup that Ive used for that purpose for several years.

Oh, and my eyesight is fine thanks ....

Mal.

Comment

just clean it.

Comment

I normally just empty it every couple days, and then give it a good clean post backlushing, as the cleaning chemicals get rid of all the oils.

Comment

I Just rinse mine out after each brewing session as part of the general clean up, doesnt take long as many have noted, and then next time I use the machine the drip tray starts empty and looks clean.
                      Whenever you do a chemical clean the drip tray should come up like new with a quick wipe out.

I guess one advantage of the relatively small drip tray on Silvia, is that you cant easily leave it for ages to get all scummy....

Comment

A little black tray inside your tray sounds like a great solution ...my drip tray is a black tray so I cant see the contents. I routinely empty and wash it at the end of each day when I put my machine to bed for the night or while I am doing the dishes.

Comment

Mine goes in the dishy once a week - comes up beautifully!

Comment

Working...
                          X