Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to show off your tampers!

Hello there,

On the discussion of tampers, Ive noted that most people seem to have several tampers, or in some cases bits and pieces of tampers lying around.

I thought itd be interesting to post pictures (I know theres a thread on cups around)!

So, cmon peeps, time to show off those tampers. Lets see whos got what!

Re: Time to show off your tampers!

This was my old tamper
    A Pullman Deluxe Tamper flat base with fitted La Marzocco Ridged Double Basket.

This little beauty now lives with another CSer

I now own a Pullman Barista, a convex base with fitted synesso basket

KK

Comment

Heres my Grape, on top of the machine with its friends.

Greg

Comment

My 2 taken in May.

Tamper #213 on left - #1803 on right.
        I have since acquired a new handle for #213 as I found I was not using it due to a preference for the feel of the newer style.

I suppose I should really take an updated picture

Comment

I didnt get the box with mine as it came in the same box as my Hottop

Im gonna get another soon....LOOOOVE the look of the grape color  8-)

OH! and its sitting next to my standard issue Dalla Corte tamper. Which got sun damaged a couple of months ago lol. I only use it to tamp my tripple basket though as my Pullman wont fit it.

Comment

Originally posted by 46736466566E736C606D65010 link=1262088833/2#2 date=1262151765
            Heres my Grape, on top of the machine with its friends.
            Ooooh nice, Im eyeing off a grape vs jarrah. Grape is shiny!
            Greg do you have a wooden stand on top of your machine?

Originally posted by 676075636E785E30383838010 link=1262088833/3#3 date=1262152576
            Interesting there fatboy, there are no rings on your 213? Is it a Pullman?

Nice checkerboard CD.

Charging battery so I can take pictures soon!

Comment

Originally posted by 495C4E5554583D0 link=1262088833/5#5 date=1262165124
              Greg do you have a wooden stand on top of your machine?
              Sort of--its a mat made from saté sticks and nylon string--like matchstick blinds, but sturdy and easily cleaned. It keeps the cups, etc. from marking the stainless and lets the heat through, unlike a towel.

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by 4257455E5F53360 link=1262088833/5#5 date=1262165124
                Yep its one of ours. The rings werent on the original tampers, they came after about... maybe 18 months or so? Not certain, Luca could probably confirm as it was in response to feedback from him and Greg Kaan. Actually the chamfer I think was Gregs idea which is there on #213, the rings must have been Lucas, maybe that idea came a bit later...

Comment

Mines normally in a state of flux but today its:

L-R: Deluxe handle used for crash testing; flat Barista with Cobalt handle; 2x Malabar handles with grit-blasted finish; Barista handle in Grape with dodgy engraving; Coffeelab; Barista handle in Stealth; US convex Deluxe with Cocobolo handle; Euro convex Deluxe base; RB. Plus miscellaneous filter baskets

Comment

Originally posted by 6F7A6D6F787D6464656966080 link=1262088833/8#8 date=1262173995
                    Mines normally in a state of flux but today its:

L-R: Deluxe handle used for crash testing; flat Barista with Cobalt handle; 2x Malabar handles with grit-blasted finish; Barista handle in Grape with dodgy engraving; Coffeelab; Barista handle in Stealth; US convex Deluxe with Cocobolo handle; Euro convex Deluxe base; RB. Plus miscellaneous filter baskets
                    Some how I think Greg has a slight advantage.... ;D

Comment

WOW, insane *green with envy*

That grit blasted malabar looks quite nice actually. And the Cocobolo looks stunning.

I am officially sold on the grape!

Comment

Well heres my Christmas present (2009).

Ordered on the 19th December... delivered 24th December, Im one happy camper.  Ordered with a ridgless double synesso basket that fits like a glove (the existing synesso basket fits very nicely too).

Deluxe base, flat in 316 steel.  Red Gum handle.

Cheers, Nathan.

Comment

Originally posted by 5247554E4F43260 link=1262088833/5#5 date=1262165124
                          fatboy wrote on Yesterday at 4:56pm:

tashie,

As Greg has answered, yes they are both Pullman tampers.
                          #213 was purchased in August 2004 and #1803 in Feb 2008.
                          As I mentioned, the handle design has also evolved in the years between and as much as I love my Tiger Stripe handle on #213, it has now been replaced by a redgum one in the same style as #1803.

We may see it in 30 years on Antiques Roadshow..
                          "Its been in my family for 35 years. The handle has been changed twice and the base has been changed once, but its all original!"

Brett.

Comment

Here are two of mine:

# 935 - Jarrah Deluxe which is engraved and was fitted to a LM double basket that Hazel picked up from Coffee Parts for me just over 3 years ago now.

# 2066 Checkerboard Deluxe bought from Dennis at cuppacoffee which was fitted to a Synesso double basket.

I also have a SS Professional Barista Tamper from Coffee Parts that I won in a CS competition and a Bumber Rubber Ball tamper that was given to me by Di Bartoli for helping at Aromafest.

Comment

Originally posted by 2F3A2833323E5B0 link=1262088833/10#10 date=1262176947
                              That grit blasted malabar looks quite nice actually.
                              Unfortunately in the metal it doesnt look quite as shiny as that; theyre even more matte than the matte finish ones in that other poll thread. So they end up looking quite dull even though they feel really nice and tactile.

Anyway back on subject...!

Comment

Working...
                              X