Cleaning the Shower-Screen - Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning the Shower-Screen - Need help

Is this also known as the dispersion screen (a metal disc held up wih a small screw) located under the group head??

How often should this be cleaned? Ive had my machine 10 days and made around 20 coffees.....

thanks in advance....

Re: Cleaning the Shower-Screen - Need help

I do mine when I do a chemical back flush

However mine takes less than 10 seconds to remove & I sometimes remove it just to see whats under there :

KK

Comment

So my first post desription is correct? Its the small metal disc held up by a small screw??

Comment

Originally posted by 0938392E2524284D0 link=1266578683/2#2 date=1266579769
        So my first post desription is correct? Its the small metal disc held up by a small screw??
        Not all have screws
        But it is a water dispersion screen

KK

Comment

Thanks, that what I noticed too when I did a Google.......some Gaggio screens look very different and when I saw them I started thinking that I might also need to unscrew the whole head with screw etc etc.....as this was what some of the Gaggia ones looked like.......

Thankfully under Google Images, I then saw some that looked like my Lelit Combi screen.......i small SS disc with a small screw but of course the images did not mention the model.........

Comment

If this is what your talking about.....then yes, that is the showerscreen.....

Comment

Yeah but mine seems different...........and needs a allan key to take the screw out........

Comment

Its still the same
                A screw or bolt it still holds in the screen

KK

Comment

Ok.......cool..........I read somewhere on here that you clean it with the solution every 50-100 coffees, but other places says once a year......

i suppose it depends on how your coffee is performing and the oil content of the shower screen.........ummmm

The backflush wash, I assume that is the PF SS basket without the tiny holes that you use to backflush the unit??

Comment

Originally posted by 003130272C2D21440 link=1266578683/8#8 date=1266582312
                    The backflush wash, I assume that is the PF SS basket without the tiny holes that you use to backflush the unit??
                    Yes thats called a blind filter

KK

Comment

ok thanks.........still learning.......so much to remember and the new terminology.....loving it......

Comment

Originally posted by 5A6B6A7D76777B1E0 link=1266578683/10#10 date=1266583393
                        ok thanks.........still learning.......so much to remember and the new terminology.....loving it......
                        Well here is a link for some light reading on Coffee Terminology
                        http://www.coffeeterms.com/

From farm to cup

KK

Comment

Simply AWESOME KK..........

Will send it to work and print it off.........

thanks heaps.

PS Love the list of all the coffee countries already.....:

Comment

[movedhere] General Coffee Related... [move by] Mal.

Comment

Many machines have what is called a dispersion disc or dispersion block that is sandwiched between the group and the shower screen. This part takes the water from 1 single hole and distributes it evenly over the shower screen where it is usually spread out even more by the screen itself. Lots of variations though... My KA Pro Line (Gaggia in disguise) has 4 large holes in the dispersion disc and in my NS Aurelia there are 9 smaller ones. Different variations to accomplish the same thing... take 1 stream of water and distribute it as evenly as possible over the bed of coffee.

Do clean these parts often. At home or on the commercial machine I like to remove the screen(s) and dispersion disc(s) at least every 2-3 weeks and soak/scrub them good with JoeGlo (or similar detergent). While doing this also thoroughly clean the group area, gasket, etc... Later!

Comment

Working...
                              X