Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What brand of espresso machine do you own?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What brand of espresso machine do you own?

Thanks for your patience people and apologies for any confusion with the first version of this poll.
    What seemed like a simple exercise quickly turned into a bit of a monster, I now know that once polls have been set up and votes cast you cant change the list without messing up the votes already cast.
    Ive double checked this list, all seems ok, and have included all machine brand names suggested, my apologies if Ive left a manufacturer out.
    Lets hope this effort goes a little more smoothly. :

Re: What brand of espresso machine do you own?

I just voted.

Its a super long list, it will be interesting to see how it averages out over a period of time.

Comment

Voted. Thanks for putting the poll up Jon. I dont see any manufacturers left out from what i see.
      Perhaps over time another poll for roasters can be held?

Gary

Comment

Just voted "other" for an ECM Veneziano S1.

Comment

Originally posted by 57767D7D7A60130 link=1283072444/3#3 date=1283082351
          I still miss it

Comment

Originally posted by 7E6469687A6C747E7E0D0 link=1283072445/2#2 date=1283079770
            Voted. Thanks for putting the poll up Jon. I dont see any manufacturers left out from what i see.
            Perhaps over time another poll for roasters can be held?

Gary
            Thanks Gary, its been an interesting exercise.
            Not sure but Ive a feeling roasters has been done, will do a search.
            Im contemplating grinders for the next one, will make sure I have compiled a complete list of brand names before I start another one.

Comment

Originally posted by 06272C2C2B31420 link=1283072445/3#3 date=1283082351
              Pardon my ignorance Dennis, how does an ECM Veneziano S1 differ from an ECM/Rocket?

Comment

Its a legendary collectors item Jon.

If all the stories are true, then only a dozen or so of this model were ever made. I only know of one other person in AU who has one.

Boiler capacity: 2.5 litre
                Fresh water tank: 2.9 litre
                Voltage: 230 v 50 Hz.
                Other: Rotary pump, pump and boiler pressure gauges
                Watt: 1800 w
                DimensionsW x D x H) 390 x 480 x 480mm
                Weight: Approximately 30 kg

Comment

Originally posted by 6C4D4646415B280 link=1283072445/7#7 date=1283156444
                  Its a legendary collectors item Jon.

If all the stories are true, then only a dozen or so of this model were ever made.  I only know of one other person in AU who has one.

Boiler capacity: 2.5 litre
                  Fresh water tank: 2.9 litre
                  Voltage: 230 v 50 Hz.
                  Other: Rotary pump, pump and boiler pressure gauges
                  Watt: 1800 w
                  DimensionsW x D x H) 390 x 480 x 480mm
                  Weight: Approximately 30 kg
                  Ahhhh, great looking machine Dennis, I can certainly see the appeal, would love to own one myself.

Comment

If those are naked Illy espresso cups on top of that beautiful machine then thats just showing off.

Comment

Originally posted by 676261747465726C6579000 link=1283072445/9#9 date=1283161006
                      If those are naked Illy espresso cups on top of that beautiful machine then thats just showing off.
                      I have another dozen in the shop and an unopened box of four.

Im a class act (and a show off). ;D

Comment

Looking at the list we have, La Nuova, Nuova and Nuova Simonelli, none have yet received any votes, Im wondering if there is duplication here? if so now is the time to rectify it, once there are votes against the names were stuck with them, any thoughts? :-/

Comment

I did mention it in the last thread to drop Nouva. the other two are seperate brands, it might just be safer to change the poll option to blank rather than delete it?

Comment

Originally posted by 7D7A7E717973667671781F0 link=1283072445/12#12 date=1283255349
                            I did mention it in the last thread to drop Nouva. the other two are seperate brands, it might just be safer to change the poll option to blank rather than delete it?
                            Thanks BF, must have missed your comment, maybe best to leave sleeping dogs lay rather than risk stuffing the whole thing again, doubt leaving it there will affect the result.

Comment

No surprises on the rocket, vibiemmes and rancilio topping the list... looks like the giottos and silvias are extremely popular amongst CS-ers. One that suprises me... Izzo?

Comment

Working...
                              X