Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What brand of espresso machine do you own?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just love my espresso machine, it gives me a perfect shot every time.
    Attached Files

Comment

Could someone fix my image for me please

Comment

Isomac Zaffiro with an eureka mignon

Comment

Started with a sunbeam 4800(I think), em6910 with sunbeam, grinder, then upgrade to a Mazzer Mini, the Nouvo Simonelli Musica followed soon after paired, With the MM. And still got them, added a Corretto along the way and still using it 7 yrs later.

Comment

Started with a second hand em6910, then upgraded to BES920 and Kompact K3

Comment

I started with a Gaggia macine and MDF grinder. I had them in Sydney and at that point from memory I bought beans, that was in 2001 - 2003. I came to Perth and signed on with snobs in 2004 I think. In 2005 I bought a Silvia and a Rocky. I loved them and to be honest they were perfect for the relatively limited use I gave them. I was roasting with a popper then which gave good results. I then did a review on the Hottop roaster and they ended up giving me the roaster for free which was nice.

I finally got tempted with a Bezzera BZ40P. A real monster at 35kg with 3.4L boiler and two 1400W elements. I absolutely loved it though. I sold it last month for $500 and lost $300 on the original purchase price in 2005!

I then bought the Wega Mini Nova Classic brand new from leaf bean machine here in Perth. It is a rotary pump machine as was the Bezzera. It is an awesome machine. I really am pleased with it. It has gone perfectly the few months I have had it. It is plumbed in as was the Bezzera. I then bought a Macap M4D, an awesome grinder but then the Rocky isn't too shabby either. I still have the Rocky but really I should sell it soon. I have brand new equipment now which is nice but of course machines sooner or later need some maintenance including descaling rinses but that is fine.

I've also acquired Pesado tamper and wooden handled SS portafilter which is lovely and also IMS basket and screen.

My knock box is the sunbeam. Perfect design, they nailed it.

I think I'm just about accessorised.
              Attached Files

Comment

ALEX Duetto 2 Custom black...

Comment

Wow, first time I've seen a painted group, looks super stealthy!

Is it paint/powder coat or vinyl spray?

Cheers

Comment

It would be a good way to change the look without being permanent.

The vinyl sprays (or plasti dip I think they are called) lasts very well on car wheels. Would need to leave off the bottom of the collar for durability.

Cheers

Comment

Its powder coated at a car painter. Baked on, so it doesnt come off unless your really clumsy...
                      The mat black makes it really easy to clean, and it seems not to take up as much optical space as the stainless steel.

Comment

Here is a la marzocco linea, that gets the same look, made by the same guys. Mat black powder coat...
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0379.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	896.5 KB
ID:	742917
                        Last edited by Alexpid; 28th November 2016, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X