Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What brand of espresso machine do you own?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alexpid
    replied
    Here is a la marzocco linea, that gets the same look, made by the same guys. Mat black powder coat...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0379.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	896.5 KB
ID:	742917
    Last edited by Alexpid; 28 November 2016, 01:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Alexpid
    replied
    Its powder coated at a car painter. Baked on, so it doesnt come off unless your really clumsy...
    The mat black makes it really easy to clean, and it seems not to take up as much optical space as the stainless steel.

Leave a comment:

• artman
    replied
    It would be a good way to change the look without being permanent.

The vinyl sprays (or plasti dip I think they are called) lasts very well on car wheels. Would need to leave off the bottom of the collar for durability.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• artman
    replied
    Wow, first time I've seen a painted group, looks super stealthy!

Is it paint/powder coat or vinyl spray?

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Alexpid
    replied

ALEX Duetto 2 Custom black...

Leave a comment:

• wattgn
    replied
    I started with a Gaggia macine and MDF grinder. I had them in Sydney and at that point from memory I bought beans, that was in 2001 - 2003. I came to Perth and signed on with snobs in 2004 I think. In 2005 I bought a Silvia and a Rocky. I loved them and to be honest they were perfect for the relatively limited use I gave them. I was roasting with a popper then which gave good results. I then did a review on the Hottop roaster and they ended up giving me the roaster for free which was nice.

I finally got tempted with a Bezzera BZ40P. A real monster at 35kg with 3.4L boiler and two 1400W elements. I absolutely loved it though. I sold it last month for $500 and lost $300 on the original purchase price in 2005!

I then bought the Wega Mini Nova Classic brand new from leaf bean machine here in Perth. It is a rotary pump machine as was the Bezzera. It is an awesome machine. I really am pleased with it. It has gone perfectly the few months I have had it. It is plumbed in as was the Bezzera. I then bought a Macap M4D, an awesome grinder but then the Rocky isn't too shabby either. I still have the Rocky but really I should sell it soon. I have brand new equipment now which is nice but of course machines sooner or later need some maintenance including descaling rinses but that is fine.

I've also acquired Pesado tamper and wooden handled SS portafilter which is lovely and also IMS basket and screen.

My knock box is the sunbeam. Perfect design, they nailed it.

I think I'm just about accessorised.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• huaqiu
    replied
    Started with a second hand em6910, then upgraded to BES920 and Kompact K3

Leave a comment:

• Stan
    replied
    Started with a sunbeam 4800(I think), em6910 with sunbeam, grinder, then upgrade to a Mazzer Mini, the Nouvo Simonelli Musica followed soon after paired, With the MM. And still got them, added a Corretto along the way and still using it 7 yrs later.

Leave a comment:

• Thomas79
    replied
    Isomac Zaffiro with an eureka mignon

Leave a comment:

• NuBEnFL
    replied
    Could someone fix my image for me please

Leave a comment:

• NuBEnFL
    replied
    I just love my espresso machine, it gives me a perfect shot every time.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• lixegel
    replied
    Hello,

I just purchased recently a Diadema Unico Splendor and upto now I am still adjusting with her and for sure sooner or later we will build a special connection between us.. hehehe!

Back in the Philippines my first machine was Sunbeam Piccolo and used it for 3 moths or so. And then my partner gave me a new machine which was Sunbeam Café Latte EM5600. Both machines collaborated with entry level grinder (see pics..hehehe) . When I moved here to Australia and my vampire coffee blood is started to arise, I decided to get a Breville 800ES and Breville Dose Control Pro. These two are amazing combination and let me do a decent latte art with a good taste . I had a good learning experience with her (the machines) but sometimes I feel like I want to do more and she cant keep up... For now I am looking for a new home for her...

After playing with my Breville machines for about 3 months, I felt like I am ready to go and step up a bit to satisfy my coffee addiction, hehehe! I scouted for over a month of what machines is best for Home set up that is not too big, not too pricey but still can perform as a PRO. I came across with Giotto Rocket, ecm, vbm, expobar and finally the DIADEMA UNICO SPLENDOR.

When I unboxed her and set it up on my counter and performed my first latte, it feels like this is the taste I been looking and searching for... she brings out the best aroma and taste of the coffee ofcourse with the help of Mazzer Mini... just PERFECT... And now I am waiting for a decent tamper "great leveller" and tamping stand. As I said I still need to know her better and day by day I am very much willing to adjust to the best of ability to use her (not abuse her) with a heart.. hehehe!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Libertyrx1
    replied
    bes 900 with eureka mignon

Leave a comment:

• SilentBoB
    replied
    I started off with a cheap little Breville thermoblock unit which took some real punishment (even survived a short stint at my brother's army barracks) before it finally packed it in a couple of years ago. I then upgraded to a Rancilio Silvia which I paired with a Compak K3 which was a total game changer for me.

The Silvia got some rust problems after a bit of neglect in a share house (and going away on holiday for a couple of months while leaving water in the spill tray).

Was about to fix up Ms Silvia when I got a good deal on Breville BES920 with the smart grinder a couple of weeks ago. Still have the smart grinder in its original packaging as the Compak is still going strong and I also have a Brasilia which was inherited from the folks (which has pretty much become the girlfriend's grinder)

My girlfriend is a barista as well so we have an assortment of every other coffee gadget imaginable from syphons to pourover kits

Leave a comment:

• saroadie
    replied
    I went from Moka pot to Breville BES900. Currently using it with Macap M4D. No upgrade plans but will replace with something like Minore IV when it eventually becomes fuber.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X