Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocket Giotto In tank water softener

Hi All,

Just saw the new in-tank softener demoed by Seattle coffee gear and was wondering whether any sponsors are thinking about getting these in as I would be most interested.

Re: Rocket Giotto In tank water softener

I did buy an intank water softener from Jet Black Espresso not too long ago. Is that the same thing youre referring to (its a plastic canister with tiny little balls inside).

Comment

Originally posted by 5E5D484E444C415D4C43595E2D0 link=1319596488/1#1 date=1319597417
      I did buy an intank water softener from Jet Black Espresso not too long ago. Is that the same thing youre referring to (its a plastic canister with tiny little balls inside).
      No- as the tank anatomy is different, this type of filter wont work.

The rocket product sounds like a resin softener cartridge of some description. ECA may well supply it in due course as they are working on some other funky Giotto accessories.

Nevertheless, Id still be recommending a chat with Bernard of Bombora as hes probably forgotten more about filtration than Rocket will ever know

Comment

Originally posted by 373C263D27383A33540 link=1319596488/0#0 date=1319596488
        Just saw the new in-tank softener demoed by Seattle coffee gear and was wondering whether any sponsors are thinking about getting these in as I would be most interested.
        I rang up Espresso Company Australia about 2 weeks ago after finding out about the in tank softener.  They have it, but only as samples and I think they had 2 in total.  They are conducting their own tests to prove that it works before deciding if they will carry it or not.  I asked what price it would be if they did decide to stock it, they still have not worked that out.  So call ECA at the end of November and  you might get more details.  I ended up getting a softener that you can attach to the end of an existing puratap system instead from Bombora.  Its as simple as cut the outlet hose on the puratap and stick the cut ends into the softener and away you go...well soak the softener first...follow the instructions. 

Comment

Working...
        X