Pullman "nexus" Tamper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pullman "nexus" Tamper

Just picked up my Pullman "nexus" tamper from Greg today with a matching VST basket...

Did I really need another tamper (#3) "no"  :-[, did I want one of the best tampers going around "yes".

I cant believe the feel in the hand and the perfect size match with the "VST" basket...

And Im not sure why I have waited sooo long to get one of these amazing bits of kit.. ;D

Thanks again Greg

wonder

Re: Pullman "nexus" Tamper

Glad you like it wonder

Comment

i won one of these on the weekend. I prefer the feel of it to the barista to be honest. I like the bottom heavy tampers. I also use a reg barber and while its nice its nothing compared to these.

Comment

Youre not the only one. Habib Maarbani grabbed a Nexus on his way out the door at Cafe Biz 2011 and still prefers it to his (at least) two Baristas. The rubber on the Barista is designed to sit slightly proud of the curve running into the edge of the base to allow rubber compression without the fingers pressing into the metal lip. Habib likes to get his thumb and finger right to the edge of the base and finds the rubber in the Barista makes this uncomfortable.

Thats the great thing about having different options to choose from (be it ours or any of the other tampers on the market). For me the Barista is the tamper of choice, but just because the Nexus is cheaper in price doesnt mean its an inferior product for some people as youve just discovered!

Comment

That must be it, i do the same thing with my fingers. Also for me wood grain wins vs metal handle every time ;D

Comment

Working...
          X