This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drluke View Post
    Hi Greg, great design, Ive got something similar in progress, but im wondering what sort of tube you fed over the dowel?
    Cheers
    Luke
    you can get all different sizes from your local hardware store (-:

Comment

Good one Greg, looks like i've got something to so this weekend. :-)

Comment

Good idea, it just reminded me of the conduits we use at work. The ones for large HV cable pulls actually have a bell at the end of them in order to protect cables against the edges. They're like what you've tried to create and would be perfect for this. When I head back into work tomorrow I'll see what I can dig out! Here's to a free knock box, thanks for the tip.

Comment

Nice tip wit pics! I am new to coffee and found a knock box is one of item I am really hesitant to pay for. I will give it a go! Thanks!

Comment

Here are the caps I was referring to. Thanks again for the tip, I'm going to experiment with a few different variations. ?
            Attached Files

Comment

Nice find with the jumbo conduit, that's a ripper benchtop knock box.

(and I think your avatar is fully sic too) rip #58

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                Nice find with the jumbo conduit, that's a ripper benchtop knock box.

(and I think your avatar is fully sic too) rip #58
                As soon as I saw the end product, they came to mind, I'd actually had the idea prior but hadn't got anything out to see how it would look. This is just in 100mm PVC which actually seems like a decent size and then you can obviously cut the inner pipe to whatever length, whack on your end caps and then prime/paint to suit.

I'll likely make a bench top one and layer the bottom with some foam to dampen the knocks. We also have some in 150mm but I couldn't find any of the bells laying about, they're an even nicer finish to the rounded edge!

PVC conduit bell mouth (in whatever size you're after) if anyone is after a description. Either a plumbing or electrical wholesaler would be your best bet. ?

Thanks (to sic), I still miss him to this day and not being able to see him reach his prime. Having seen him the week before in at Phillip Island made it all the harder to believe.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X