Looking for a new knock box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a new knock box

Ive got an old pvc one which is looking a bit shabby.
    Can anyone recommend a nice bench top knock box?

Re: Looking for a new knock box

Originally posted by 6D6C3A323C390B0 link=1331519606/0#0 date=1331519606
    Ive got an old pvc one which is looking a bit shabby.
    Can anyone recommend a nice bench top knock box?
    Have you had a look at Talk Coffees concept art knock boxes. I quite like the look of them:

http://shop.talkcoffee.com.au/products/concept-art-knock-box
    Or
    http://shop.talkcoffee.com.au/products/concept-art-knock-box-stainless-steel
    Or
    http://shop.talkcoffee.com.au/products/concept-art-mini-knock-box

I really like the second one. =)

Comment

Thanks David,
      I too like something stainless steel. Might have to pop into their shop I think.

Comment

Originally posted by 3B3A6C646A6F5D0 link=1331519606/2#2 date=1331540164
        Thanks David,
        I too like something stainless steel. Might have to pop into their shop I think.
        Or this one from Di Bartoli:
        http://www.dibartoli.com.au/product/Espresso_Gear_Pisa_Knock_Box_Stainless_Steel

Comment

Alternatively if you are prepared to spend a bit more take a look at the Reg Barber knockbox.

They are pricey but really do look the goods. I was lucky enough to get one from Santa last year

Comment

FWIW, this one is my current fave. I really like the fact that there are no corners to collect stale grounds. The bottom edges come to a nice curve. Size and ergonomics are excellent as is the really thick rubber base on which it sits. Its very quiet to use.

I reckon the knock tube/box is often the ugliest piece of kit in the snobbers armoury. This one is up to scratch.

Comment

There is a great variety of knock boxes both here and elsewhere on the net.

I have used a red plastic bucket when nothing else was handy.

Now I am using a Breville Knocchi Espresso Knock Box.
              http://www.breville.com.au/knocchitm-espresso-knock-box.html

While it doesn’t have the capacity of the red bucket, it is far more elegant and the price is reasonable.

While we are here:

Knock Knock
              Whos there!
              Puck!
              Puck who?
              Puck-er up for a kiss!

Barry.

Comment

I have an Incasa stainless knock box that I am happy with, its quite simple in design and unobtrusive. They come in brushed or polished finish. The inside corners do have a bit of a recess, but it cleans fairly easily and is large capacity.

The draw type ones that fit under a grinder look quite good too, and saves bench space. eg:

http://www.dibartoli.com.au/product/Isomac_Single_S-S_Coffee_Draw

Wonder how they work in practice with the knock bar being close to the bench? I guess you could pull the draw out past the bench edge.

Cheers

Comment

i have this as well and its great: turn it upside down and the grinds just drop out. Much better than the old sunbeam which hangs on to the muck and grows all kinds of things in there.

Originally posted by 7E4B46417569454C4C4F4F2A0 link=1331519606/5#5 date=1331760929
                  FWIW, this one is my current fave. I really like the fact that there are no corners to collect stale grounds. The bottom edges come to a nice curve. Size and ergonomics are excellent as is the really thick rubber base on which it sits. Its very quiet to use.

I reckon the knock tube/box is often the ugliest piece of kit in the snobbers armoury. This one is up to scratch.

Comment

+1 for the breville, cant beat it for the money...
                    Plus it matches my new BDB  8-)

Comment

dont forget the grindenstein, specially if you are cramped for space

have had mine going on 7 or so years and showing hardly any wear at all

Comment

Originally posted by 1008120F131419020F09600 link=1331519606/10#10 date=1331979808
                        dont forget the grindenstein, specially if you are cramped for space
                        About the only thing it has going for it.
                        Ive had a Grindendstein for a few years and find it too small, the bar is positioned in the centre of the container causing pucks at times to sit suspended like a tightrope walker.
                        Would love to replace it, the only reason I dont is lack of bench space.

Comment

I want a Reg Barber burbinga knock box to match my tamper but cant find any Australian suppliers.
                          Probably have to order it from US. Its a lot for a box but it looks nice and I dont imagine ever having to buy another.

Comment

Originally posted by 747172676776617F766A130 link=1331519606/12#12 date=1332337662
                            I want a Reg Barber burbinga knock box to match my tamper but cant find any Australian suppliers.
                            Probably have to order it from US. Its a lot for a box but it looks nice and I dont imagine ever having to buy another.
                            Hi gbatterley,

Id think that any outlet which supplies Barber would be able to order one on your behalf. It may just need to wait until they (or an importer) next orders from the US. Bombora have one which is pretty much identical, but its in maple.

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by 050003161607100E071B620 link=1331519606/12#12 date=1332337662
                              Probably have to order it from US.
                              Yes, this is what my wife did but be warned, freight is a killer.

Comment

Working...
                              X