Steam Tip Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Tip Advice

Whilst my beloved Diadema Unico Splendor was in a local workshop for repairs the repairman ruined the std 1-hole steam tip by drilling 2 additional larger holes unrequested.  Its now useless for creating microfoam in the very small amounts of milk i use.

I want to fill-in the additional hole and revert the tip to its previous (satisfactory) state. 

What material should I use to plug the holes?  I have some epoxy resin - would that be suitable?

Cheers

Re: Steam Tip Advice

Contact your repair man and ask for a replacement. If your repair had nothing to do with the steam tip there was no reason for him to change it on you. If your car radiator needs to be replaced and you rock up to collect the car and while replacing the radiator they changed your tires to old retreads you would simply ask them to change them back again.

Comment

Cheers Stinky. Did that, but I cant source the original tip. Hence I figure repairing the one I have is easier.

Comment

Perhaps send an email to site sponsor Coffee Parts - http://www.coffeeparts.com.au/domestic-parts/diadema
        It isnt listed but I am sure they can get you a new one. It would only be a few dollars and be much easier than trying to plug the additional holes.

Comment

Cosmorex might be able to help you out too. The repairman should definitely pay for that!

Comment

My advice:
            1--Register a complaint to the workshop in writing. Send it registered mail ask for compensation. If the workshop has an association or accreditation--send a copy to them.
            2--Dont pay the workshop, or ask your credit company for a charge-back.
            3--The holes can be filled with **food grade** silver solder.
            4--A new tip would be better--and send the bill to the workshop. If they pay for it then you can pay them--minus a charge for your trouble.

Greg

Comment

Working...
            X