Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filter baskets

G'day all,
    I was having a discussion with a friend yesterday, and it revolved around filter baskets.
    He was of the opinion that they can make a huge difference with what I will call "what's in the cup".
    My opinion is that yes that is possibly true, If you are a competent and experienced Barista!
    But there are more options if you are for example a 'newbie', part time or home user.
    Incorrect technique, Grinder mismanagement and brew ratio will not be fixed with 'THE BEST OF EVERYTHING',
    without these being looked at first.

Just my 2 cents worth.
    Any other opinions?

Have a grouse day,
    Craig.

definitely - you can gave all the best gear in the world but at the end of the day, you still need fresh beans, skills/knowledge and some technique. Everything else just adds to the enjoyment level of the whole process.

Comment

Originally posted by specialpants View Post
      definitely - you can gave all the best gear in the world but at the end of the day, you still need fresh beans, skills/knowledge and some technique. Everything else just adds to the enjoyment level of the whole process.
      Absolutely. I guess on 'coffeesnobs' we talk a lot about the things that can add that last 10% to the cup, but clearly you need the basics in place before you'll see much if any benefit from things like that.

Comment

Working...
      X