Hand turned wooded machine parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand turned wooded machine parts

Hey guys I just wanted to share a few photos with you. A friend of mine is a genius with wood and i've seen some people do it before, so i thought why not ask him to make me some coffee machine parts in wood to get rid of the cheap looking plastic stuff and to go along with all the other aesthetic mod's I've done to my La Marzocco GS/3. I think the hardest part was to try give him a clear vision of what each part is for as he isn't a coffee nut, it was a bit of trial and error but each part is amazing! He lives in Tazzie so Tasmanian rose myrtle burl was used. Thanks Jared

Edit: Sorry about the spelling of "Wooden" in the thread title
    Attached Files

I believe the appropriate word is 'phwoar'. Well done sir! I love that the wooden versions are replicas of the OEM parts. I'm going to have a go at some Huon pine handles for my Conti lever when I get around to that project.

Comment

Beautiful! Congrats to you both :-)
      Matt

Comment

Very nice, that's some good work.

And I'm not jealous .
        I just coincidentally want a handle like that for my machine.
        Quite a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by WiredArabica View Post

And I'm not jealous .
          I just coincidentally want a handle like that for my machine.
          Quite a lot.

And I'm not jealous
          I just coincidentally want a machine like that for my handle.
          Quite a lot.

Comment

I thought about doing that for myself.
            In the end I couldn't find a decent wood, nor get up the energy.
            Does your friend want some business? Seriously.

Greg

Comment

wow, great work, is your mate a professional carpenter? That detail in the work he did is phenomenal.

Comment

nice work 10char

Comment

so when do the wooden side panels go on the machine? seen clive coffee's? hhnnnnnngggg

Comment

Trentski

Message for trentski (so i am afraid I am crashing this topic but....must needs....)

I am unable to reply to PM's due to some bug in the CS system and have chosen this as the last thread you replied to and maybe you are keeping an eye out here.....

Please email contact@cosmorexcoffee.com.au and indicate its for me. I can then reply to you by conventional means (email).

Thanks,
                    Attilio

Comment

They are gorgeous, I have my own purple heart wood machine and tamper handles of course, I love the different woods everyone is trying

Comment

Originally posted by JamesM View Post
                        so when do the wooden side panels go on the machine? seen clive coffee's? hhnnnnnngggg
                        I dont think i'll be going down that path, I like the frosted glass that adds contrast to the black

Comment

More of a artist in carving wood usually. He made me a pen previously so i knew he could turn on a lathe

Comment

Working...
                          X