Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opv for sale & install

Hi everyone,

Anyone know where I can get one that fits a brasilia lady? I think its just an ulka pump, I think....
    Also installation instructions? Saves me from figuring it out myself.

i recently just adjusted the OPV on my gaggia classic to 9 bar and finally producing the most beautiful shots! Better than any cafe I been to so far! Nice round and sweet.

Also anyone have any idea why most cafe can't produce decent espresso? Do they purposely up the pressure on their machines so the espresso cuts thru milk better? Just guessing...
    Last edited by beanhunt; 27 September 2012, 11:10 PM.

Originally posted by beanhunt View Post
    Hi everyone,

Also anyone have any idea why most cafe can't produce decent espresso? Do they purchase up the pressure on their machines so the espresso cuts thru milk better? Just guessing...
    They can't produce decent espresso for a number of reasons. How about we start a nice list:
    - Lack of training
    - Stale beans
    - Lack of understanding of the basic principals of espresso making
    - Stale barista
    etc, etc, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Bosco_Lever View Post
      - Stale barista
      lol.

agreed... i think basic knowledge is needed before pressure tweaking is even considered. most of these places dont adjust the pressures when they get the machines - which are usually set at 12bar. then to add to that, stale beans + no tweaking of grind = overall horrid espresso thats usually over extracted.

Comment

I found some expansion valves on coffeeparts -
        Coffee Parts | Spare Parts for Espresso Coffee Machines - Expansion Valves

Also found this one meant for fluidotech pump but I am hoping it would still work for an Ulka since it uses a 1/8 fitting on the outlet -

http://www.coffeeparts.com.au/misc/620409

Can anyone tell me wherther they can be installed to the ulka vinrating pump?

I also, agree that you shouldn't tamper with the pressure until after you work on your dosing, tamping and grinding skills. You really appreciate the mod more that way.

Comment

Check this thread, down the page he mentions disave could have supplied him one for a good price

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-eq...shots-now.html

Comment

i got my opv from disave, part nuimber E614. it's from an Iberital machine. fully adjustable and it fits directly onto the ulka pump output. you do have to remove a bit of the threading on the opv where it screws into the pump otherwise it'll press down on the little thing in the pump output and damage it.

as far as attaching the rest, you'd probably need an adapter to match the opv output to whatever the input fitting to your machine is and the excess/drain output takes a standard bit of hose down to your tank.
            just make sure to use adequate plumbing tape on the threads and washers that fit well because they can leak very easily if not perfectly sealed.

Comment

Working...
            X