Chris king tampers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris king tampers

I thought i would post a pictures of some of my coffee tamper collection to you fellow snobs.These are probably one of my favorite sets that i own, The middle tamper is a Chris King/Rapha 1 of only 20 produced.

For those who are not familiar with Chris King, They are a US based company that manufacture high end bike components like headset,hubs ect.They worked in collaboration with the Portland, Oregon based America Barista & Coffee School to develop a professional grade espresso tamper.
    Attached Files

Very nice indeed! A framebuilder mate made one for me from an old Ritchey hub, but it's not as bling as a King!

Comment

Peter Casati a.k.a Gonzlab makes some cool tampers from bike hubs, I particularly like the vintage Campag. Not as functional as a Chris King, but very cool. Inside the LAB | Gonz Lab (scroll right to the bottom)

Comment

Those Chris King tampers look good (and I've not used one) but they also look suprisingly unergonomic considering they were made in collaboration with a barista school.

I think there are plenty of locally produced tampers that sit well in the hand and are great to use all day which is pretty important for anyone making more than 5 coffees a day.

...still, we all buy tamps for different reasons!

Comment

A tamper is a personal choice
          Nothing wrong with those Chris King tampers but the handle looks a bit arty

Have owned and used several

However I have settled on one tamper and one tamper only
          A Pullman Barista
          The reason I chose it over others is the ability to alter the height as I have large hands and its custom made to suit ones basket
          Comfort is tamper that fits ones hand like a glove

KK

Comment

Chris king tampers

I think That handle is based upon the Chris king "nothreadset" headset - the very same that I use in both my mountain bikes.

Like its been said people buy things for their own personnel preference - I'm not sure it's for me even though I love their high quality bike parts.

Comment

This has been on the cards for a while now! I am going to ask Peter very soon if he can make one of those Campagnolo tamper up for me. Just for show!

Originally posted by coffee_machinist View Post
              Peter Casati a.k.a Gonzlab makes some cool tampers from bike hubs, I particularly like the vintage Campag. Not as functional as a Chris King, but very cool. Inside the LAB | Gonz Lab (scroll right to the bottom)

Comment

Chris king tampers

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                Those Chris King tampers look good (and I've not used one) but they also look suprisingly unergonomic considering they were made in collaboration with a barista school.
                !
                The reason it looks unergonomic is because the top part is modeled off an uppe headset cup and top cap. It's a distinctive Chris King design for their headsets.

Comment

They certainly look to be nicely made, sadly the handle shape does absolutely nothing for me, they look like they would be a real pain in the hand.

Comment

This is what the headsets look like in pieces and on a bike. I've used Chris King headsets and hubs for years but I'm not so sure about tampers.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Anyone want to impress us all by turning an espresso machine into a bike now?

I don't like the look of the ergonomics either. Not my kind of tamper I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
                        Anyone want to impress us all by turning an espresso machine into a bike now?

I don't like the look of the ergonomics either. Not my kind of tamper I'm afraid.
                        It might end up looking something like this ;-)

Comment

Nice get Bruce :-D

Comment

Cheers

Comment

Beauty may be in the eye of the beholder but its Pullman for me!

Comment

Working...
                              X