Custom Bullet Espresso tamper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Bullet Espresso tamper

I have been working on some custom made espresso tampers lately, I have about 3 in the works at the moment and have my first one done. Designed by myself and Peter from Gonzlab with many weeks of emails to each other resulted in this Custom RB Radical Pro Tamper.

The base is a 58mm RB copper piston and the handle is designed to resemble a bullet shell including a brass primer on the top.The handle is made from high polished aircraft aluminium.

Enjoy!Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	326.3 KB
ID:	754253Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (8).JPG
Size:	613.3 KB
ID:	754254Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (9).JPG
Size:	592.8 KB
ID:	754255Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (7).jpg
Size:	309.0 KB
ID:	754256

Looks to be beautifully made Tony.
    What does the RB stand for, put my thinking cap on and could only come up with Reg Barber

Comment

My guess is the base is a Reg Barber and he's made a custom handle to fit.

Comment

Are you taking orders? Or is this a prototype for big run?

Comment

Now why didn't I think of that I got the impression that it was a custom job from go to whoa, ya know what they say about assumptions.

Comment

This was just a custom tamper i had done and is not for mass production! Sorry.

Originally posted by col9 View Post
            Are you taking orders? Or is this a prototype for big run?

Comment

It was originally going to be completely custom made but is was easier and cheaper to get the Reg Barber copper piston for the job. My next 2 tampers will be completely custom.

Stay tuned!

Comment

Piston seems a strange term to use for the base, even Reg Barber calls his tamper bases, ummmm, bases.

Comment

Piston is just a technical name for a tamper base, Reg also calls tomato sauce ketchup! lol

Originally posted by Yelta View Post
                  Piston seems a strange term to use for the base, even Reg Barber calls his tamper bases, ummmm, bases.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony_Barista View Post
                    Piston is just a technical name for a tamper base, Reg also calls tomato sauce ketchup! lol
                    Given that Reg is Canadian, and that Canadians have been speaking English for 170 years longer than Australians have, and that Ketchup is a word for "sauce" derived from Chinese and Malay dating back to the 1690s, and that tomato "Ketchup" itself dates back to 1801 (100 years prior to the federation of Australia) I think that perhaps Reg had it right all along.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinitasse View Post
                      Ketchup is a word for "sauce" derived from Chinese and Malay dating back to the 1690s,
                      As in Ketjap Manis, along with rice I use it as a piston for Nasi Goreng.

Comment

Originally posted by Yelta View Post
                        As in Ketjap Manis, along with rice I use it as a piston for Nasi Goreng.
                        Wasn't he the emperor of China or somethun'? Had trouble with the rabbits.

Comment

Yup... and he had the big wall built too

Comment

Working...
                          X