Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Bialetti Moka

Hi All,

I have a Bialetti Moka which I use when I go camping/4wd. During the last trip I lost the screen cap that goes over the spout in the top half of the unit. I have tried every supplier/parts I can find via Google etc but can not get. Any help appreciated.

Thanks Kevin

Click image for larger version

Name:	coffee.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	754448

Confused about which part you lost...

Comment

Help Bialetti Moka

On the top of the centre spout where the coffee comes out there is screen cap that covers the spout. This is the part I have lost.

Comment

Do you mean the lid or is this one of the models with the black knob, love heart or whistle on the spout?

Comment

Help Bialetti Moka

No, it not the lid. It is model with the black knob. The missing part is like a hat over the spout where the coffee percolates into the top chamber.

Comment

Help Bialetti Moka

Bump
            Anyone?

Comment

I dont believe they are available, didnt see them in the bialetti store, is it a functional piece? I always assumed it was just for show... what does it do?

Comment

Help Bialetti Moka

Originally posted by Jimmytheboot View Post
                I dont believe they are available, didnt see them in the bialetti store, is it a functional piece? I always assumed it was just for show... what does it do?
                Yes, it is a functional piece. It makes the coffee flow slowly out of the spout. As I use it mainly when camping over campfire it is had to control heat. Without it coffee comes out the lid as it percolates.

Kevin

Comment

Kevin,
                  Maybe it's time to consider a new Bialetti. Or see if you can pick up a 2nd hand one in a pawn shop / garage sale etc? From your username, I'm guessing that you might be 'out of town' a bit though.
                  Cheers
                  BOSW.

Comment

Working...
                  X