single shot PF baskets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• single shot PF baskets

Does any one use a single shot basket? I have a Breville single wall single shot that came with my BDB, I have tried it and find it makes a good cup of americano of a morning. I have been using a 18gm VST and I think the coffee is a lot smoother with the single basket. Was wondering if there is a better quality basket to buy.

The single is actually a double and the double a triple, not many people use a real 7 gram single for their coffee, hence why Breville made their baskets the way they did.

I use a 15 gram VST into which I put 21.5 grams which essentially is a triple, I only draw the shot for 25 - 30 seconds.

I don't think it comes down to quality, it's more about what YOU LIKE.

Comment

As SS says ultimately you use what works for you, but http://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-eq...e-baskets.html explains some of the shortcomings of traditional single baskets and why doubles should normally give better results.

Comment

So should I be looking at getting a 15gm basket?

Comment

Only if you think it can be of benefit, I like the VST better than the Breville stock basket but that's just my taste, if you like what you are getting out of the Breville basket than just stick to that for a while.

Comment

Working...
          X