Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee Machine for work.

Hi,

We have used pod machines at work to serve our patients and staff for the last ten years. It is a dental practice so I don't want to go manual. I have a great Rocket Giotto Evolusione 2 and a Macap m4d grinder at home and love it but it would be too hard for work.

Our current pod machine is about to die....so what can you reccomend? We are making around 12 to 20 coffees a day.
    I know it will be a compromise but what can I do that makes a reasonable coffee with as little mess or input as possible from my staff.

Cheers

Kevin

I am not in the habit of recommending such things...but

Sounds like a super auto would fit your needs nicely.

I have only had experience with using, maintaining and roasting for a Saeco Odea Giro.
    You would be cleaning out the grinds bin a couple of times a day. Would be a good idea to rinse brew / group assembly at the end of each day and let it dry over night.

They are pretty quick and easy to maintain, on a day to day basis, i would loath having to do anything more than general maintenance on one.
    If you can source some fresh roasted beans, preferably a darker roast and adjust the grinder to its finest setting, you will get something decent, actually IMO streaks ahead of anything out of a pod machine.

Ive looked after this machine for a few years now and its been used and abused and is still plugging away...

Comment

Originally posted by kmcgreg View Post
      Our current pod machine is about to die....so what can you reccomend? We are making around 12 to 20 coffees a day.
      I know it will be a compromise but what can I do that makes a reasonable coffee with as little mess or input as possible from my staff.
      Some kind of Super Auto is probably your best bet, you can pull decent coffee out of them if they're setup properly, ISTR Attillo (Fresh_Coffee) deals in Super Autos but maybe just ping the sponsors email (or use the quote form up there ^^^) and ask all of them.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. This site is always a fabulous source of expertise! I was thinking a super auto myself... i will check the above out. Cheers.

Comment

As long as you (or some staff member) is prepared to do the coffee making and the required cleaning, a super-auto will beat a Nespresso any day. It will cost a fair bit more at the start, but the coffee beans are much cheaper, and the coffee will be better. They do require servicing regularly as well.

My experience in super-autos is a couple of years out-of-date, so ask our expert retailers for specific advice.

Greg

Comment

At work we have a superauto ( i think it is a jura) which has sales rep visiting every week to do a weekly maintenance and restock the coffee bean. The coffee machine may even come free with a minimum coffee bean purchase, a worthwhile option to consider if you dont want to purchase a machine. The coffee is generally pallatable for milk based beverages but nothing like a barista prepared one IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by Bazooka View Post
              At work we have a superauto ( i think it is a jura) which has sales rep visiting every week to do a weekly maintenance and restock the coffee bean. The coffee machine may even come free with a minimum coffee bean purchase, a worthwhile option to consider if you dont want to purchase a machine. The coffee is generally pallatable for milk based beverages but nothing like a barista prepared one IMHO
              HI, We are a reseller of the Jura range in Queensland and have just rejoined as a sponsor of the coffeesnobs site. If you need info on Jura in your state you can message us and we can put you in contact with your nearest reseller.

The Jura office range has been going through a major upgrade over the last year. We now have a growing group of customers using the new Giga series machines in their offices. The main benefit being the new milk system, the dual ceramic grinders, the brewing system and of course the Jura TFT display. We will answer questions in the forum as they come up.

We have published more in-depth product info at Jura Giga X9 Professional.

Wayne
              Last edited by gilkatho; 19 August 2013, 11:13 AM. Reason: Fixed link

Comment

Working...
              X