Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PID Enclosure/Boxes - Where?

Hi All,

Am currently awaiting parts for my PID kit to arrive, but one thing i haven't ordered is the box/enclosure for it.
    I know i need something that'll take a 1/16 DIN size, but what is everyone else using? It'll be installed in my Gaggia Baby Dose.

Input, thoughts, suggestions all appreciated!

Cheers,
    Kyle.

You might find what you want at Jaycar electronics,
    Jaycar Electronics - Search results

Comment

Jaycar didn't have anything suitable last I checked - all too big or too flat - nothing squarish...

Comment

Finding nice enclosures for PIDs tends to be a bit of a challenge, try evilBay, you can also try Altronics and Element14 but 1/16 DIN is an irritating size to work with if you want to mount it in the end of an enclosure, 1/32 is easier...

Comment

Thanks everyone, it appears to be a lot more difficult to find the housing than anything else!
          I'll keep hunting

Comment

Originally posted by bodyboardingbum View Post
            Thanks everyone, it appears to be a lot more difficult to find the housing than anything else!
            I'll keep hunting
            There's a reason mine's velcroed to the side of the machine like some instrument of Darwinian theory...

Comment

What about electrical wholesalers?

Comment

I'm guessing you want something like this?

I searched "project enclosure case", you may need to tweak the words to find exactly what you want from where-ever you can find them.

Ebay will be the cheapest I would say, then perhaps the other above mentioned suppliers (if you can find similar)

Click image for larger version

Name:	2pcs-Aluminum-font-b-Project-b-font-Box-font-b-Enclosure-b-font-Case-Electronic-DIY.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	734581

Comment

Ahh, that's probably pretty close - thanks Nicovington!

Comment

As per the attached photos....

I just used a commonly available enclosure sourced from Jaycar, on my Mokita many years ago. Mounted the controller 'end-on' rather than from the front. Worked quite well...

Mal.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Mal! I'll pop into Jaycar sometime this week and see what i can find.

On a side note - Your Mokita looks an awful lot like the Nemox i have! Assuming they are the same thing?

Comment

Originally posted by bodyboardingbum View Post
                        Your Mokita looks an awful lot like the Nemox i have! Assuming they are the same thing?
                        Yes mate, pretty well identical as a matter of fact...

Mal.

Comment

Working...
                        X