No announcement yet.

Greg Pullman's portafilter pressure gauge on the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll add myself to the list, Greg. I think mine is okay but it's nice to know for sure, isn't it?

Comment

The gauge arrived at my place yesterday. I should be done with it on the weekend and will then pass it on to browny0.

Cheers,
      Tim.

Comment

Cheers fredhoon. @fruity that'll be fine, yeah sometimes people have been surprised what they find! Just make sure you follow the instructions in the first post in this thread, I don't have an email from you yet.

Cheers,
        Greg

Comment

Hi Greg, I've just transferred the funds to your nominated account and you should get them tomorrow. Let me know the current waiting list once you have confirmed. Cheers...

Zarbs

Comment

Hi Greg, just wanted to confirm you got my payment through last week also? :-)

Comment

So far I've had a bit of a play around with the pressure gauge and adjusted the bleed valve such that it pours 27ml in 30sec. It's showing 10bar at the portafilter, compared to 10.5bar at the machine gauge (reading from the boiler).

I'll finish adjusting my machine tonight and post the gauge off to browny0 tomorrow, during the brief window that AusPost is open.

Comment

10.0Bar is a bit too high at the Group Handle you know...

You will achieve sweeter shots if the brew pressure (at the GH) is brought down closer to 8.5-9.0Bar.

Mal.

Comment

Yep, did that last night - 9.0 on Greg's gauge, 9.25 on the machine gauge. Couldn't really notice much of a difference in this morning's coffee, however the beans are now over the 15day mark.

Gauge is on its way to browny0 (and I've ordered an E61 Allen nut temp + pressure kit to keep to tinkering).

Comment

Picked up the gauge from the post office this morning. Probably won't get time to tinker too much until the weekend, but will likely posting it on to Ben on Monday.

will report back with my results!

Comment

Still haven't heard from Ben, so won't be able to send it onwards until I get his address.

Anyway, results!. My Silvia was running at around 10 bar, have adjusted it down to 9 bar with the gauge. Not sure I taste the difference, but the coffee I have on hand is getting a little old, so will see!

Comment

Ben, if you're reading this, can you please reply to my PM asap... Cheers

Comment

Just check with Greg perhaps, to see who is next in line.... Can always come back to Ben later on.

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by browny0 View Post
                            Ben, if you're reading this, can you please reply to my PM asap... Cheers
                            Just check you got my PM.

Comment

Hi guys,

Current status: gauge on its way to bgunsberger
                              Current waiting list:
                              * fruity
                              * zarbs

Cheers,
                              Greg

Comment

Is it heading to WA any time soon?

Comment