thermometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thermometer

Can someone recommend a reliable thermometer. I have gone through 3 so far. Now this last one is unreliable. It's jumping around instead of slowly increasing smoothly. So it can show e.g. 90 then stay there and suddenly go to 110. I find my milk gets way too hot for my taste.

Taylor 9842.

Waterproof, easily calibrated, thin-tip probe for fast response, -40°C to 230°C in increments of 0.1°C, auto-off after 5-10min, can't remember which.

Comment

I use a stick on one for the jug.

Comment

There is also jugs available with an inbuilt sticker thermometer. They're a touch over $50.

Comment

We all have different sensitivity to heat and cold, but I find the best gauge of when the milk is sufficiently steamed, is my fingers. I put them under the jug during steaming, and stop when I feel--literally--that the temperature is comfortable for drinking.

Comment

I use the fleshy part of the back of my hand, near the knuckles of my forefinger and thumb.
            on the side of the jug towards the bottom

Comment

Thermapen, super fast, great for steaks, but costs like $100 and you'll need to use your existing clip (meant for general cooking not milk jug).

I'd go for a Temptag sticker. Around $15 or so for a sheet of 4, for the one with 3 temperature stages.

Comment

Working...
              X