Hi I am also new here - Upgrade (Silvia?) questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi I am also new here - Upgrade (Silvia?) questions

I have just been given permission to upgrade to a proper coffee machine from a nespresso pod machine. This allows me to change my status from lurker dreaming of better days to someone doing something about it.

I should also add I am looking to start with (as so many do) with a Silvia. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Comment

Also with a Rocky grinder...
      But open to suggestions.

Comment

Just do it and see what happens

Comment

Have done it! Waiting for eBay to send grinder. Coffee machine purchased from CSer. (Thanks Dave)

Comment

You won't look back they are a brilliant entry level machine producing great coffee as long as paired with good grinder and fresh beans (insert NO supermarket beans). Looked after this machine will last u a looonnng time... well as long as upgradeitis don't get you!!

Enjoy the journey!! Do yourself a favour search here for temperature surfing (or YouTube)
            Will improve ur coffees a lot too!

Comment

Hi. I've had a Silvia and Rocky combo for about 5 years. I had the Sylvia fitted with a PID, which controls the brew temp and also the steam temp.
              In MOP the PID is just about essential.
              I purchased mine from JetBlack Espresso in Neutral Bay.
              I really know my way around this equipment and find it very easy to maintain. Descaling of Silvia and dismantling the Rocky for deep-cleaning is a breeze.
              The PID is A Watlow SD and is easy to calibrate to get the optimum temperature at the portafilter.
              Good luck

Comment

Coffee starting to come good. An unhealthy obsession with coffee you tube vids is paying off. A PID would be nice, just cannot afford it at the moment. Anyway is am enjoying the process...

Comment

Originally posted by PeaBrainPete View Post
                  Coffee starting to come good. An unhealthy obsession with coffee you tube vids is paying off. A PID would be nice, just cannot afford it at the moment. Anyway is am enjoying the process...
                  Coffee is never an unhealty obsession Pete!!

Comment

Working...
                  X