Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PTFE/ Teflon Push Fit Connectors

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PTFE/ Teflon Push Fit Connectors

    Anyone experienced issues with these style of fitting leaking when the machine is cold.

    It seems they (the green ones on both boilers) are the cause of the rusted screws/ bolts and pump-bracket in my Lelit PL60




  • #2
    They appear to be under a bit of strain looking at the angle of the pipe coming in. Try straightening the pipe coming in with a cable tie. These connectors seal around the outside of the tube so if there is any bending they wont have a tight fit all the way around. Another thing to try would be to disconnect the tube and cut off around 1cm of the end of the tube with a razor blade on a flat surface to get a clean cut, then reconnect and strain relieve. This may renew the seal to a fresh piece of tube.

    Comment


    • #3
      Looking at the pic, like TRRR my first observation was that the hoses are sitting at quite an angle to the fitting, are you sure the hose has been pushed all the way home?

      Have used this type of fitting a lot over the years without any problems.

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks guys

        Mine is the top pic.
        the bottom is just for illustration.

        but yes, I did notice the angles that they enter are a little off, and was my suspicion.
        I just wasn't sure if they had an internal o-ring or olive that needed to be replaced aswell

        I assume you just push and hold the green part inwards, then pull teh tube back to remove.

        Comment


        • #5
          yes that right. disconnect and give a good clean to the tube and the inside of the green bit then reconnect pushing in all the way would be an easy first thing to try.

          Comment


          • #6
            Can't press the one tucked under the bottom of the steam boiler hard enough to get it out, plus it's all covered in corrosion/ scale.
            Need to get violent with it and a good set of pliers I think, but i suspect I'll need a new connector.

            re-seated the top one and it's alright if held in one specific place with a cable-tie.
            are there alternatives to the plastic ends??
            the "other " end of each tube has a much more positive fitting metal connection.
            even the red one pictured above leaks if you move it away from it's current position

            Comment


            • #7
              Righto,
              update.

              Got a message from Mike at Jetblack Espresso last night (out of business hours) that he'd seen the post.
              gave me some good news that they have some upgraded parts from Lelit for the two troublesome connectors.
              So I gave him a buzz today, confirmed the parts required and some extra handy hints to go along with it.

              Ordered all the bits via their website and should see them tomorrow hopefully if Australia Post are on the ball.

              Big kudos for their professional service and extra advice.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Robbks View Post
                Righto,
                update.

                Got a message from Mike at Jetblack Espresso last night (out of business hours) that he'd seen the post.
                gave me some good news that they have some upgraded parts from Lelit for the two troublesome connectors.
                So I gave him a buzz today, confirmed the parts required and some extra handy hints to go along with it.

                Ordered all the bits via their website and should see them tomorrow hopefully if Australia Post are on the ball.

                Big kudos for their professional service and extra advice.
                Good outcome, lets know how the repair turns out.

                Comment


                • #9
                  While it's been half pulled apart I've taken the time to add some extra pieces of foam around the lower pump and sound deadener (Jaycar's version of Dynamat) onto each of the case panels/ sections and it's amazing how quiet the machine is.
                  IT was always far quieter than the EM6910.
                  I think the loudest part of the process is the solid "click" from the control switches.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Parts have all arrived today.
                    Picked up some Loctite 567 to seal the threads.

                    now to refit the connections and new hose.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Conversion has gone well.
                      all joints and tube replaced. so far, no more leaks.

                      finished all the sound-deadening too,
                      including reservoir flap, reservoir base-plate, etc




                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X