Laser cut shower screens.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laser cut shower screens.

Wondering if anyone has tried these yet Precision Shower Screen - E61 - YouTube laser cut shower screens.

Are they an improvement or simply pandering to the geeks among us?

Yelta, I have one and use it on my Profitec (and formerly on my ECM Technika). I think it cleans up more easily than the stock shower screen, but otherwise see no difference in the cup.

Comment

I have one mounted in my main espresso machine and I like it. It's difficult to say whether a typical shot is improved with this screen -- that will be dependent on a lot of other factors -- but it's clear that less gunk collects in the group head behind the screen. Cleaning sessions can be less frequent with it in place, and that is a nice feature.

And, by the way, there's nothing wrong with pandering to geeks, is there? ;-)

Comment

I use one and it does seem easier to keep clean(ish).
        Last edited by noonar; 10 September 2014, 10:32 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

I'm fortunate in that the Galatea is a breeze to keep clean, seems I would gain little by changing the screen.

Comment

We've been selling them for a year or so Shower screen IMS competition | Talk Coffee

They're beautifully made and not too expensive. In all likelihood, they may deliver little other than placebo effect, but they sure look and feel good.

Comment

Groupheads shower screens are precise enough...

Getting lasers to cut your groups showerhead is almost overkill.

But it may direct water more precisely and evenly among the puck....... Nice find

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
                We've been selling them for a year or so Shower screen IMS competition | Talk Coffee

They're beautifully made and not too expensive. In all likelihood, they may deliver little other than placebo effect, but they sure look and feel good.
                Hey Chris, do you know if there is a version of these that fit silvia groups? I've used them on La Marzocco, not sure if the LM ones would fit a silvia? I feel like the benefit of these might be greater some machines over others depending on the water dispersion setup in the group?

Comment

IMS cater for many different brands. I have E61, LM/synesso/slayer, rancilio, cimbali, san marco and Nuova Simonelli variants.

Comment

Originally posted by Yelta View Post
                    Wondering if anyone has tried these yet Precision Shower Screen - E61 - YouTube laser cut shower screens.

Are they an improvement or simply pandering to the geeks among us?
                    Not tried them myself yet but a friend has then on his machine and believes they are worth the money, and he has lots more knowledge re coffee than me.
                    I guess it depends on your personal skill, preferences and palate if they make a difference or not.

And for the geeks among us (WHAT??? Coffee geeks talking coffee on a coffee forum) who like the VST or EP Pression style of basket then it completes the set then doesn't it. No point being that exact at one end if not at the other

Comment

Originally posted by Ronin View Post
                      Not tried them myself yet but a friend has then on his machine and believes they are worth the money, and he has lots more knowledge re coffee than me.
                      I guess it depends on your personal skill, preferences and palate if they make a difference or not.

And for the geeks among us (WHAT??? Coffee geeks talking coffee on a coffee forum) who like the VST or EP Pression style of basket then it completes the set then doesn't it. No point being that exact at one end if not at the other
                      Well actually, when I used them on LM's they didn't really change the flow rate or have much of an impact on how the coffee extracts.

VST's make a much bigger difference.

Comment

Have yet to see anything in this thread that has convinced me to invest in one (laser cut shower screen) I deliberately refrained from mentioning baskets by name, seems others are unable to show the same restraint, I guess a plug is a plug.

Comment

The biggest difference one can ever make to the coffee they drink is to get the grind, dose and tamp right.

Comment

Originally posted by chokkidog View Post
                            The biggest difference one can ever make to the coffee they drink is to get the dose, grind and tamp right.
                            Wise words indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Yelta View Post
                              Have yet to see anything in this thread that has convinced me to invest in one (laser cut shower screen) I deliberately refrained from mentioning baskets by name, seems others are unable to show the same restraint, I guess a plug is a plug.
                              Same thoughts here Yelta
                              Might get to play on a LM Strada with them installed soon.
                              Would be interesting to have a 2 grp machine, one with laser screen installed and 2 grinders of the same make to play.

Comment

Working...
                              X