Which Auto machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Auto machine

I am looking for a machine to take with me in our caravan and don't want a pod machine. currently have a Saeco Via Veniza and a Breville smart grinder and would like to make the coffee making a bit more compact for carrying and storage in the van but would still like freshly ground beans, can any one recommend a good fully auto all in one machine that wont break the bank?

Far from fully auto, but I've thought a presso would be good for a caravan. Small. No power needed. A decent to good coffee depending on how much of a hang you hav of it. And in my opinion , fun!

'fraid I couldn't help with a fully auto though. Just trying to think laterally for you!

Comment

Oh . Fully auto means it grinds the beans as well. You're trying to avoid taking a grinder .

Ignore my last post.

Comment

yes I was trying to get away without a grinder, I have a Nespresso pod and an Aldi pod machine and an Aeropress and hand grinder so I have a few ways of getting a cuppa but I thought a fully auto may make good coffee in a compact package and another toy to tinker with.

Comment

Originally posted by tonym1 View Post
          yes I was trying to get away without a grinder, I have a Nespresso pod and an Aldi pod machine and an Aeropress and hand grinder so I have a few ways of getting a cuppa but I thought a fully auto may make good coffee in a compact package and another toy to tinker with.

Hi Tony

A quick point: It is always a prob on the road to keep the beans cool enough. Even more so when fully autos transfer extra heat into them...

TampIt

Comment

Originally posted by tonym1 View Post
            Sounds like what you're looking for is a "superauto" they have some fairly major drawbacks (for instance they generally use a ~7g dose) and you have to spend significant $$$ on them to get a good one.

If you're concerned about footprint have you considered a "combi" machine (integrated grinder), smaller footprint without compromising on coffee.

Comment

Working...
            X