Modification - M10 thread ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modification - M10 thread ?

Hoping I can get some advice from you experts out there..

I've got these portafilter s/s handle I adore using.. They're equipped with M12 (12mm) thread screw.

I'd like to change them to a M10 (10mm) screw to accommodate a San Marco group head Portafilter.

Can I simply pull out the current M12 screw and insert a 10mm?

Appreciate your help
    Attached Files

Can't see why not - but you'd need to get a stud machined to fit into the handle correctly. The other alternative is to re-tap the p/f (re-drill out to 10.5mm?) and tap to M12 - if the handle is the favorite then sacrifice the group instead?
    Cheers Matt

Comment

Thanks Matt-
      So what your saying is - it may be possible to just buy a complete San Marco 55mm sized portafilter/handle unit, and have the handle removed, then insert the stainless steel handles into the head basket unit?

I thiught the the generic San Marco portafilters wee all M10 size.. Apologies for my lack of knowledge.. Novice ��

Comment

You can buy the p/f with no handle.

Coffee Parts | San Marco Spare Parts - Portafilters and Filter Baskets

You will want to contact Coffee Parts to find out if there is enough on the p/f to tap out to 12mm.

Comment

Thanks everyone.. I'll sought it out and track down a portafilter hopefully without any mods tone screw mechanism

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeSydney View Post
            I thiught the the generic San Marco portafilters wee all M10 size.. Apologies for my lack of knowledge.. Novice ��
            Hi CS
            They will probably all be M10 - but there maybe enough room and material there to tap it out to the larger M12 size rather than ruin your special handle
            And you don't ever need to apologise for having valid questions - learning is a lifelong journey for us all!

Happy hunting
            Matt

Comment

Working...
            X