tamper size for ep precision basket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tamper size for ep precision basket

Hi i just bought a new 14g basket from talk coffee and i was just wondering what size tampers people are usi g for these? It says in the website 58.3 are a good fit is that the size i should be getting? I have what i thaught was a 58mm tamper but its way to small even on my stock silvia baskets there seems to be too much gap around the edges. I guessin the tamper i have is more 57.5mm. Im not looki g to spend alot of money does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

I got one of their bogav assassin tampers when I purchased the baskets, think it's 58.5mm, anyway it fits perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by seamad View Post
      I got one of their bogav assassin tampers when I purchased the baskets, think it's 58.5mm, anyway it fits perfectly.
      I was looking at them but didnt really wan to soend more than say 60bucks. Cafelat have 58.35mm tampers i was looking at. I just do t want to get another tamper that doesnt fit

Comment

Rattleware tampers are great value. They have a small base (like the bogav) , well made and feel solid. I paid about $50 for a 58mm. Dibartoli sell them

Comment

Originally posted by barri View Post
          Rattleware tampers are great value. They have a small base, well made and feel solid. Very similar to the bogavs I paid about $50 for a 58mm. Dibartoli sell them
          Sorry barri, I have to disagree on that. The Rattleware are a good tamper and excellent value- but they are not comparable in quality to the the high quality, hand-machined Bogav. I have hands on experience with both. The Pullman Nexus- released some time after the Bogav became available is a more realistic competitor.

Comment

We'll have to agree to disagree, Chris. I own both and prefer the overall feel of the rattleware. Each to their own!

Comment

I looked at the rattleware but will the 58mm fit nicely with the basket?? I dont think it will i measured it this morn on a cheap pair of calipers and came up with 58.6mm

Comment

Chris if i bought a bogav what size would you recomend?

Comment

They're both very good fits, but the Assassin is a little better.

Comment

Originally posted by barri View Post
                    We'll have to agree to disagree, Chris. I own both and prefer the overall feel of the rattleware. Each to their own!
                    No worries barri- that's fine as the tamper always chooses the hand. I have used and sold them both (as well as a heap of others). The ergonomics, quality of finish and machining of the Bogav are not comparable to the Rattleware. Regardless, horses for courses and you have your match.

Chris

Comment

Thanks. What tampers are other people using with this basket?

Comment

I'm using the cafelat from beanbay (the one with the silicone ribbed handle) and its a perfect fit for the EP baskets I have.
                        I went with the larger size (58.35 or something) and it fits like a glove.

Comment

I don't have a different recommendation to what has already been suggested but just adding another tick of approval for the Bogav. I also use the Bogav Assassin tamper with the EP baskets. No surprises but I find it a great fit and have actually appreciated the adjustments available to shorten or lengthen the handle (I didn't originally place any value in this feature but now really appreciate it).

Comment

Atm the bogav is abit out of my price range i am leaning towards the
                            58.35mm cafelat tamper now i think that will fit well and its at the right price.

Comment

Working...
                            X