Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to get a joystick type steam arm assembly

Hi,

Does anyone know where I could buy a joystick type, steam arm assembly in Australia? I'm looking for something like the one sold here: Steam and Hot water Joysticks for the Andreja Premium and the Vetrano | Cup And Brew . Thanks!

Pretty sure Coffee Parts sell flick/lever valves. Lever valves came standard on some San Marco machines, could try one of those. They're not cheap at $180 each though.

Comment

Originally posted by noidle22 View Post
      Pretty sure Coffee Parts sell flick/lever valves. Lever valves came standard on some San Marco machines, could try one of those. They're not cheap at $180 each though.
      I thought so and I sent them an email about it a few days ago. No answer from them yet .

Comment

Have you tried Bezzera at all mate?

Nearly all of their current machines use the Flick Steam Valves these days and I don't think they are that expensive...

Mal.
        Last edited by Javaphile; 23 March 2015, 07:20 AM. Reason: Commercial link(s) removed

Comment

Thing about Bezzera is the non-standard fittings at the back of the valve, they are a proprietary fine pitch wierdness.

I have some, see attached pic, the back fitting is 3/8th bsp. You have to be sure it will either fit your wand / front panel / steam pipe or be prepared to do the work to adapt accordingly, whichever you choose. Often it's not so simple as it seems.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByCoffeeSnobs1427060380.677457.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	225.5 KB
ID:	738656

Comment

Ah, good point mate...

I've only swapped out valves between Bezz models, so didn't know about this peculiarity...

Mal.

Comment

I already knew that the Bezzera ones are non standard and won't fit .

It looks like I'll have to get the assembly from overseas and also get the adapter they sell, just in case. Thanks coffee_machinist for the picture and advice.

Comment

I tried to order from cupandbrew but they do not deliver to Australia. Anywhere else these can be had?

Cheers
                Dean

Comment

What type are you looking for? I stock the ones above as a spare part for machine modifications.

Comment

Hey Rick,

Thinking a set of the Joysticks for the Alex Leva with wood handles would be awesome.

PS. The tamper is working a treat.

Cheers
                    Dean

Comment

Hi Dean, can be done. Get in touch anytime if you want to discuss it, we can also swap sides for the valves while we're at it if you like. I know a guy for the wood bits.

Cheers, Rick

Comment

Originally posted by coffee_machinist View Post
                        What type are you looking for? I stock the ones above as a spare part for machine modifications.
                        Do they fit a rocket giotto or vbm?

Comment

Sorry Barri for the delayed reply.

Not by default - they are from commercial machines so the back end is 3/8" BSP, and most domestics including those you mentioned use a smaller 1/4" fitting so they won't fit through the front panel cutout, or connect to the copper pipes. Having said that, I am going from memory with VBM and I may be wrong in saying they are not 3/8".

A not inconsiderable amount of work has to be done to adapt the valves to 1/4", either by remanufacturing the fitting at the back of the valve, or modifying the machine panel itself which I would not be overly keen on. Expobar do a version with a 1/4" fitting at the back, but it's too short, and Expobar don't polish or chrome plate their valves as they are hidden behind the front panel. Annoying.

Comment

If it's any help, Isomac fits them on their Mondiale model.

Comment

Pre cool touch Mondiale

Originally posted by blend52 View Post
                              If it's any help, Isomac fits them on their Mondiale model.
                              I have a pre cool touch Mondiale and want to add cool touch 'joystick' steam and hot water. Does anyone know where I can buy these as complete assemblies for the Mondiale?

Thanks a lot

Comment

Working...
                              X