Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water Pressure Regulator vs Water Pressure Gauge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Pressure Regulator vs Water Pressure Gauge?

My machine is plumbed in through a tap on the mains which leads through a water filter to the machine. If I can adjust the water pressure through the tap is there any reason to go with a water pressure regulator, or will a water pressure gauge on the line to the machine suffice?

Thanks.

Water Pressure Regulator:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	25AUB_Z3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	757445
    Water Pressure Gauge:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	046878911307lg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	757446
    Last edited by budandbeans; 10 June 2015, 04:58 PM.

Originally posted by budandbeans View Post
    My machine is plumbed in through a tap on the mains which leads through a water filter to the machine. If I can adjust the water pressure through the tap is there any reason to go with a water pressure regulator or will a water pressure gauge on the line to the machine suffice?

Thanks.

Water Pressure Regulator:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]9777[/ATTACH]
    Water Pressure Gauge:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]9778[/ATTACH]
    Use a 350 kPa PLV. Line pressure varies. The bits shown in your post will cost far more than the price of a PLV.

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
      Use a 350 kPa PLV. Line pressure varies. The bits shown in your post will cost far more than the price of a PLV.
      Actually water pressure gauge's are quite cheap.

Comment

You cant adjust water pressure with a tap. When the flow is zero you will still have full pressure.

Comment

If I can adjust the water pressure through the tap is there any reason to go with a water pressure regulator, or will a water pressure gauge on the line to the machine suffice?
          How are you planning to adjust the water pressure at the tap?

Comment

TRRR is spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by TRRR View Post
              You cant adjust water pressure with a tap. When the flow is zero you will still have full pressure.
              Ah, fair enough. Looks like I'll be buying one on ebay than.
              Last edited by Andy; 10 June 2015, 05:49 PM. Reason: edited out the ebay link

Comment

Actually water pressure gauge's are quite cheap.
                So are 350 kPa PLVs and they should be used on all plumbed machines. You should also have coffee spec. filtration in place.

You don't spend $$$$ on gear to arse around with inappropriate connections to mains water. See our guide to filtration for some tips.

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
                  So are 350 kPa PLVs. Use one and you should have coffee spec. filtration in place as well.

You don't spend $$$$ on gear to arse around with inappropriate connections to mains water. See Filtration | Talk Coffee to get you on the correct track.

Who's arsing around? I'm still learning and if I see a cheaper option that I think will suit at the time I will go with it, however now that I'm aware I will need to invest in a PLV I will....

So I should install it between the tap and filter?

Comment

Depends on the pressure rating of your filter

Looks like the Brita C150 comes with 350kPa rated tubing, so it lools like the regulator should go upstream of the filter

Comment

Originally posted by MrJack View Post
                      Depends on the pressure rating of your filter

Looks like the Brita C150 comes with 350kPa rated tubing, so it lools like the regulator should go upstream of the filter
                      The filter is an Everpure 2CB-GW. Working pressure is 10-125 psi (0.7-8.5 bar), non shock. So yep, before the filter. Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                      X