Buying HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying HELP

I'm looking at spending between 2-3k for a great home machine and grinder.
    I would like a machine that will last for 10-20 years.
    I'm not sure if I should go with a double boiler or hear exchange unit.
    I owned a restaurant in the 80's and had a Professional Faema machine. I'm not intimidated by a machine that requires a steep learning cure. My goal is to have a home machine that can make and exceptional espresso.
    Thanks
    Last edited by sperandeo; 4 October 2015, 12:16 AM.

Hi Sperandeo,

Are you budgeting for a good grinder as well? There is seriously no point in getting a good machine if you're going to use preground coffee. An entry level grinder will set you back around $450. Maybe update your requirements and people will be able to give you good suggestions.

Cheers, Dave

Comment

Yep, what Dave says and also how many ways do you like to drink your coffee...

Mal.

Comment

I've edited my posting to include a great grinder in the 2-3k budget.

Comment

Hi Sperandeo,

So it looks like you would have a $2-2.5k budget for the coffee machine, which I think is going to focus you on HX machines. You could get a Breville dual boiler, which is a good machine, but probably won't last for the length of time that you want. Next piece of advice - try the quote form below, which will put you in contact with the site sponsors. They can get back to you with suggestions for your budget. An example of something that would fit your needs is: October special: Vibiemme Domobar Junior & Compak K3 Push/Macap M2M | Talk Coffee

Comment

Originally posted by DaveD View Post
            Next piece of advice - try the quote form below, which will put you in contact with the site sponsors. They can get back to you with suggestions for your budget.
            The Quote Form link is actually at the top of every page, not the bottom.

Java "Quote what?" phile
            Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

There is also a link to the quote form at the bottom, within the box that lists site sponsors.

Comment

Ha! You're right! My bad! I always forget that one for some reason.

Java "" phile
                Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Javaphile View Post

Java "" phile
                  Wow!!!? Never ever noticed that TOP form. LOL.

Learnt something new already today

Comment

Originally posted by Javaphile View Post

Java "" phile
                    It's a rare day when anyone gets one up on you Javaphile!

Comment

Working...
                    X