Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to buy 30sec hourglass/sand timer

Hi all,

We have just purchased a Rancilio Silvia and am looking to buy a 30sec sand timer to time my shots. Does anyone know where I can buy one from? I am in SA.

Thanks,
    FF.

Welcome to CS!!!!

Just to throw some info your way.

Look on ebay for digital timers. There are quite a few around from sellers in OZ with free postages and could be purchased for under $10.00

Sand timers I have seen are in teachers sets and are about $20 excluding postage.

Comment

Just glance at the second hand on your kitchen clock. Simples.

Comment

Originally posted by Brevillista View Post
        Just glance at the second hand on your kitchen clock. Simples.
        Not all kitchens have clocks....

Comment

What a cute idea to use sand timers! Might not come handy when diagnosing your shot like how long before the first drip and stuff like that.

Comment

Hi
            I just used the timer on my phone...just need to have it nearby...

Comment

You'll want more than 30s as sometimes you'll want to let it overrun intentionally while waiting for it to blonde.

i used to use my phone until I bought a bes920 which has a built in timer

edit: actually now I just try and stop the shot just before it blondes. The timer just tells me if I'm within ball park.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I found a place in Adelaide that has them for $2.99, just my price(!). I'm only using it as a guide until I am more confident.

Comment

Originally posted by FussyFarmer View Post
                  Thanks everyone. I found a place in Adelaide that has them for $2.99, just my price(!). I'm only using it as a guide until I am more confident.
                  Care to tell us where in Adelaide you found them?

Comment

Working...
                  X