Call a professional...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call a professional...

Given the amount of handyman electrical work going on in various boards lately, thought this humour was topical...

Click image for larger version

Name:	call-a-professional.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	758182

Mal.

G'day Mal

The sad thing is some of the worst work I have seen (including quite an array of "fatals" - my dad was a safety engineer so I have seen the results first hand on too many occasions) have been done by so-called professionals. According to Java"font of all knowledge"phile even my Colorado wiring snafu's were due to a fully qualified idiot er, I mean electrician. In hindsight, Java is correct (as usual).

OTOH, some of the best work has also been by fully qualified professionals (my wiring at Bentley for example).

Unfortunately, it is very difficult for a consumer to pick the difference until it is too late. Segue to my dear friend's new dream house - burnt to the ground 4 days after moving in - when their electrician did not bother to leave enough room between their gas HWS (in the roof) and their three phase ducted air con (also in the roof). Luckily they were out at the time, they merely lost everything that was not in their car...

Tamp"wish the qualifications were reviewable biannually and specifically Australian"It
    Last edited by TampIt; 27 November 2015, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TampIt View Post

Segue to my dear friend's new dream house - burnt to the ground 4 days after moving in - when their electrician did not bother to leave enough room between their gas HWS (in the roof) and their three phase ducted air con (also in the roof).
      I hope it lead to a prosecution?

Comment

Does this look like the work of a professional?
        Attached Files

Comment

No, it looks like the wiring loom of a bunch of potheads trying to grow a big crop in a large warehouse!

Java "Wired what?!" phile
          Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Yep, pretty sure I've seen similar things in police videos after drug raids...

Mal.

Comment

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-0...-$2.2m/6917804

Java "What can I say, I read a lot. " phile
              Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Hilarious...

Comment

Originally posted by WantRancilio10 View Post
                  I hope it lead to a prosecution?
                  Yep, of the best electrician that India could provide.

On the other "spare power boards anyone?" picture - if you are going to grow an illicit drug on that scale, minor OH & S regs are probably not part of your to do list either.

TampIt

Comment

Sounding a bit like Prince Philip there

Comment

Or Donald Trump

Comment

Working...
                      X