Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade from bezzera bz35?

Hi all,

I currently have a bz35 and a super jolly grinder. I am thinking about upgrading my machine to a GS3 or something similar. Probably more of a want than a need so just wondering how much benefit am I going to get from it. Is the taste in the cup going to be noticeably better? Only making 1-2 cups every morning.

Thanks
    Snowy :-)

G'day snowy,

I have a GS3 at home and I love it. The primary factors which influenced my purchase were design and form factor related rather than whether it was going to make a better coffee. It's my second as mine came back to the warehouse for service and ultimately crossed paths with the one which was to be a demo unit. We took the opportunity to pimp the older machine with walnut sides, powdercoat, flick steam and wand swap as well as custom group cup and collar in acetal. One day it will come back home!

Assuming your BZ35 is temperature stable and you are on your game with great coffee, technique and a suitable grinder, the gains in the cup will be incremental and small ones when you have those ducks lined up. I can assure you that the GS3 is just as capable of making bad coffee as the Bezzera is!

If you have the means to do it, by all means do it. You will enjoy the quick warmup, great steam and software interface.

If you're in Melbourne and would like to play with one, we have a demo GS3 on our bench.

Happy shopping....

Cheers

Chris
    Last edited by TC; 22 May 2016, 10:55 AM. Reason: tpyo ::-)

Comment

As usual Chris hits the nail on the head. I've got a Linea Mini, marginal improvement in espresso is small, but milk steaming quality and speed is noticeable from my previous prosumer double boiler. I do love the form factor.

Comment

Originally posted by K_Bean_Coffee
        My home setup:
        Paul it seems like your bench is a showcase of amazing coffee machines. Hope the machines aren't getting scratched up on the turnstiles !!

Comment

If it doesn't last at least a year I'll eat my hat.
          We're still waiting for you to eat your last hat

Comment

............ I had been hoping that the last hat had been forgotten.
            Wasn't going to say anything.......
            Need a photo of your hat rack next?

Comment

Originally posted by Aido View Post
              Wasn't going to say anything.......
              Need a photo of your hat rack next?

Hat rack? He's going to need a full-time Milliner on staff at this rate!

Comment

Hi all, thanks for your responses. I'm in Canberra. The GS3 fell through so still on the lookout for another one or something similar. Looking for something with a bit of style rather than just a big chrome box. Ex demo or a few years old rather than brand new to save a few bucks. * **** how much are you after for your ex demo controvento? Any other suggestions or if you have a machine I might be after let me know. Cheers

Comment

I might be able to assist there snowy...

Drop me a PM...

Comment

Welll fellas , I got a deal done and proud to now own a 2014 slayer ������ it blows my mind every time I look at it !!! Now to upgrade the super jolly ( once the bank account recovers) to a compak k10 I think.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	261.8 KB
ID:	742272
                    Last edited by snowyseaton; 26 June 2016, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Hey Snowy, I hope you have some re-enforcement under the Slayer... and the bank account

Comment

Originally posted by snowyseaton View Post
                        Welll fellas , I got a deal done and proud to now own a 2014 slayer ������ it blows my mind every time I look at it !!! Now to upgrade the super jolly ( once the bank account recovers) to a compak k10 I think.
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]13094[/ATTACH]

Sidewards pic actually makes it look slayed.

Comment

Very very nice

Comment

My home setup:
                            Paul, where did you get the print on the wall. I love it and I must own one!

Comment

A thoughtful gift. Thanks for finding it for me. I'm onto ordering it now.

Comment

Working...
                              X