Pimping up your gear with wood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pimping up your gear with wood

Thank you, the Profitec Parts are coming along nicely and I will have some finished prototypes available shortly in Sheoak, Jarrah, Olivewood and Tasmanian Blackwood. The main thing with these is to ensure that the stainless steel cover fits properly on the steam handles as the Asian machine made wooden ones I have seen make them without the covers or require them to be taped down. As I make everything by hand individually it allows you to get closer to each piece so I am working on producing them so everything fits snugly. I will also be releasing hardwood part sets for the Rocket Giotto Evoluzione and R58 following the Profitec Pro.

If anyone has any suggestions or feedback on wooden parts they have for these models please let me know :-)

Cheers
    Leon
    Last edited by Wilcox_Custom_Coffee_Parts; 3 July 2016, 10:37 PM.

No that's fine I made one of these recently for a Gruppo Izzo Pompei 1 and another machine and believe the specs are the same. I make them fairly chunky to ensure the wood is as robust as possible and has a good grip in the hand.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	331.2 KB
ID:	742296

Comment

Love the look of timber on the bling machines. Awesome!!

On my ever extending to do list.

Cheers

Comment

Name:	Izzo wood bling.jpg
Size:	240.8 KB
ID:	742298
        My Izzo Pompei with wood bling.

Greg

Comment

Looks even better than that day years ago that it left us Greg.

To the best of my memory, yours is the only clack one in Australia and 1 of only 2 1 group variants.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Wilcox_Custom_Coffee_Parts View Post
            No that's fine I made one of these recently for a Gruppo Izzo Pompei 1 and another machine and believe the specs are the same. I make them fairly chunky to ensure the wood is as robust as possible and has a good grip in the hand.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13156[/ATTACH]

Having been using the Wilcox handles for a few weeks now I can confirm they are beautifully made and extremely tactile and with a feel in the hand that only quality timber can bring. They certainly look and feel as though they will be a permanent fixture for the life of the machine.

Highly recommended.

Comment

PS: I had a tamper made up by Leon using the same Sheoak as the rest of the handles he made for me. The tamper is as good as other high end tampers made by reputable companies and was very competitively priced.

Comment

My ECM Technika. I think I want to do another set with a matching tamper handle. Just looking for that special timber to inspire me - any ideas Leon?

Name:	2016-05-06 17.50.40.jpg
Size:	357.4 KB
ID:	742299Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-05-06 17.49.24.jpg
Size:	242.9 KB
ID:	742300

Comment

mmm wood loving

my pimped up r58

Comment

!!! Beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by [COLOR=#333333
                      mmm wood loving [/COLOR]

my pimped up r58

Hi John,

I love the grain in the wood on your machine :-) I am currently planning this design. Could I ask does the Rocket logo click naturally onto the steam valve or did it require any adhesive?

Cheers
                      Leon

Comment

Originally posted by K_Bean_Coffee
                        This base:
                        Hi Paul,

Yes that's fine, when I get an order for a specific tamper base design such as these I will order in one to use as a template and then build the tamper handle around the base so everything fits perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilcox_Custom_Coffee_Parts View Post

Hi John,

I love the grain in the wood on your machine :-) I am currently planning this design. Could I ask does the Rocket logo click naturally onto the steam valve or did it require any adhesive?

Cheers
                          Leon

Leon, sorry for the late reply, the timber is cocobolo and the 2 silver inserts one with logo and one without simply click into place. No adhesive needed as then would make it hard to get to the bold behind it to remove if needed.

I do have the original handles here at home if you would like to see them and measure them.
                          PM me some details and will gladly post them to you, just as long as they do come back

Comment

Thank you for the info John. I have read about the ones coming from Korea and they say to use tape as they don't machine the tops to fit the silver inserts snugly so I wasn't sure what the other custom makers where doing. Also, thank you for the offer but I have one here with me already and can see a way to click them into place.They also have an unusual squared design for the brass insert which I will be able to machine to get the fitting perfect.

Cheers
                            Leon

Comment

Leon, yes thats the one thing the guy that did mine got wrong, he forgot the square insert, but it was easily fixed at home to make it fit, so no major dramas.

good to see you are making some nice handles and well priced also...may need to get a second set just for something different

Comment

Working...
                              X