Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E61 Drain Valve Leak

Hi Guys,

I have a Magister Stella with an E61 group. When I got it, it was leaking from the drain valve during extraction & when back flushing with a blank.

I've pulled it all down, replaced all 3 plungers in the head & cleaned all the other parts. I've checked the seats the plungers seal to, they appear clear of debris & scale.

It still leaks. I'm all out of ideas.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do?

Thanks

Originally posted by simmobanana View Post
    Hi Guys,

I have a Magister Stella with an E61 group. When I got it, it was leaking from the drain valve during extraction & when back flushing with a blank.

I've pulled it all down, replaced all 3 plungers in the head & cleaned all the other parts. I've checked the seats the plungers seal to, they appear clear of debris & scale.

It still leaks. I'm all out of ideas.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do?

Thanks
    Hi Simmo- check the lengths of the pins on the group pistons you have replaced as there are slight variations in length and they do matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
      Hi Simmo- check the lengths of the pins on the group pistons you have replaced as there are slight variations in length and they do matter.
      I'm guessing the previous owner put the wrong size in because they were identical when I put them in...

Could I just slowly file the end down and see what happens? Would it be the short screw on end? Or the long one?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X