Clear All

• kwantfm
    replied
    LMLM is not an all or nothing steam valve

Leave a comment:

• deegee
    replied
    Originally posted by Melbroaster View Post
    Ok so everyone else (especially other Linea Mini owners with 2 bar of steam pressure) take note: if the container of beans is within about 20cm of the steam nozzle you will next see your individual beans in Earth's orbit.......
    Does this mean the steam delivery from the U-BEAUT Linea Mini is an "all or nothing" blast that cannot be contolled other than turning it on/off ???. For the price of one of these units I would expect better.

When I use this method on any of my machines, I only crack the valve open a little way, so that as I said above, a brief gentle shot of steam that is applied. With any of them I could blow the beans out of the cup easily - IF I was stupid enough to turn the steam on full.

Leave a comment:

• Melbroaster
    replied
    Ok so everyone else (especially other Linea Mini owners with 2 bar of steam pressure) take note: if the container of beans is within about 20cm of the steam nozzle you will next see your individual beans in Earth's orbit.......

Leave a comment:

• Melbroaster
    replied
    Originally posted by DesigningByCoffee View Post
    I've done this too - works well
    Thanks for the tip. Was getting annoyed with static on the Lido 3. Short burst of steam on beans prior to grinding completely fixes it.

Leave a comment:

• DesigningByCoffee
    replied
    Originally posted by deegee View Post
    That's what I do. A short, gentle burst of steam into the beans, held about six to eight cm from the tip of the wand. Quick, easy and works very well for me.
    I've done this too - works well

Leave a comment:

• deegee
    replied
    That's what I do. A short, gentle burst of steam into the beans, held about six to eight cm from the tip of the wand. Quick, easy and works very well for me.

Leave a comment:

• matth3wh
    replied
    Wouldn't vapour far enough away from steam wand be enough to get ya going?

Leave a comment:

• Yelta
    replied
    Originally posted by Dimal View Post
    RDT - Ross Droplet Technique...

For those, like me, who had no idea what this meant....

Mal.
    Gets me every time Mal, pretty obscure and seldom discussed.

Leave a comment:

• tucrazy
    replied
    I bought mine from the Reject shop for $2 each (I think). It's a small carry-on travel spray bottle.

Leave a comment:

• Dimal
    replied
    RDT - Ross Droplet Technique...

For those, like me, who had no idea what this meant....

Mal.

Leave a comment:

• kwantfm
    replied
    I just bought some atomisers that looked okay from eBay.

Leave a comment:

• Melbroaster
    started a topic RDT haters look away now

RDT haters look away now

Anyone found a good cheap supplier of small food safe spray bottles for RDT?
Working...
X