Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShureShot by ACE

Hi everyone,

It is quite sometime I want to install one of these on my E61 machine. Before ordering one I was actually looking to gather some information, especially to verify if this is possible to fit on an Expobar IV.

Do you CSer know how to verify this? Only general info is available on their site. I tried to contact Alcorn at least three or four times but to no avail. No one replies.

Cheers.
    Charlie

Hi Charlie. Wondering was that contacts via phone or emails or both?

Comment

Hi matth3wh. That was just via email.
      The website just provides a form to fill in.

Comment

Will probably have to phone. I can't recall hearing back from them when using email or web form.

While it's not near the shureshot I came across this shot timer today - Luminaire Automatic Shot Timer. Looks interesting.

Good luck Charlie4

Comment

Originally posted by matth3wh View Post
          Will probably have to phone. I can't recall hearing back from them when using email or web form.

While it's not near the shureshot I came across this shot timer today - Luminaire Automatic Shot Timer. Looks interesting.

Good luck Charlie4
          Yes, the issue is there is not a phone provided on the website and, after a while, one simply starts searching for alternatives.

But I have to say that for ease of installation that Luminaire Shot Timer you mentioned is quite appealing to me!
          Thanks matth3wh!! I think I will give it a shot (pun intended) !

Cheers,
          Charlie

Comment

ShureShot by ACE

Yes both are appealing. I'll be interested to find shipping costs of the Luminaire.

Comment

If you search fully through the net on the 'product name' and the 'company name' you'll find a master home page for this company.
              there is a phone number listed.
              It is no longer connected.
              Not certain what to think of this at present.

Comment

Not the cleanest looking of timers (not that there is many to choose from!), but looks to do the job, fairly certain it will be significantly cheaper (they are currently $215 USD on sale) than ACE's. ACE's are all aussie designed though, not sure if made in Australia, and being hard wired you will be guaranteed to work time after time, unlike the Luminaire which might be unreliable? Would be great for someone to be the guinea pig!
                Last edited by nathanharley; 24th August 2017, 01:58 PM. Reason: More info

Comment

PS the phone number on their instagram feed says ita +1 (206) 2182302, not sure if that helps.

Comment

I see a site sponsor Coffee Machinist is doing some thing with a shot timer, have a look on his Instagram.

Comment

ShureShot by ACE

🤣
                      Where are you all finding this stuff?
                      They are:
                      Alcafe dot com
                      +61 2 9939 6000

Comment

As I Posted prev 029939 6000 is no longer connected.
                        Folded?

As for .... '+1 (206) 2182302, ' where does that number belong.

Rick Bond AKA the Coffee Machinist is well known here as an absolute Engineering 'Artist'.
                        I'm not pumping his tyres, but would have no hesitation in engaging his skills.

Comment

Hi guys,

I am not sure what I am allowed to say here, but for a company that can't be found we certainly sell a LOT of Shot Controllers (after all, the ShureShot is much more than simply a "Shot Timer").

Also, plenty of people have managed to find our stuff in order to copy our concept - two of which are mentioned above.

Charlie, I have just searched the entire database and not found an enquiry from you nor any enquiries that we have not responded to.

My standard answer is that if your machine has an electric signal at the start and end of the shot, we can connect to it. If we have not already we will find a way. More than 600 sold world wide gentlemen.

Yes. They are still made in Australia, but as more and more "me too" products come on board, we will have to look at moving it off shore eventually. Our stainless steel case is fiddly and expensive to manufacture (you get what you pay for). ACE was the original and is still the best IMHO.

Appologies for the land line, but we hardly ever use it and I have maintained it for 10+ years purely for sentimental reasons only. I actually commenced porting it to another provider last week in order to try to save some $$$ and bundle it with NBN.

Regards,

Sean
                          Last edited by aceservices; 25th August 2017, 01:13 AM. Reason: just made a tad more readable

Comment

feel free to email Charlie and I will keep an eye out in the spam filter

Comment

Charlie, was your enquiry from Carlo? If yes, I responded within 8 hours on 21JUL2017

Comment

Working...
                              X