Asso The Jack Leveller in Australia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asso The Jack Leveller in Australia?

Anyone know whether the Asso Jack Leveller is available anywhere in Australia? Frustratingly, the manufacturer only ship out of Ital to a handful of EU countries.. Thanks!

The Jack – Leveler – Asso Coffee

I am interested too.

But since original Jack is hard to get here...
    What is the general consensus on cheap Chineese copies?
    Is there any good alternatives?

Comment

The OCD ONA V3 should do the same thing, it's the same 58.5mm, and a touch cheaper.

Tempted to try one of the 58.35mm knock offs from Aliexpress whilst I wait for the OCD to come back in stock.

Edit - whoops, holy grave dig batman!
      Z...
      Last edited by Zee; 16th May 2020, 04:05 AM. Reason: gravedig

Comment

Originally posted by gerbi View Post
        I am interested too.

But since original Jack is hard to get here...
        What is the general consensus on cheap Chineese copies?
        Is there any good alternatives?
        Absolutely!
        I've used 2 Chinese copies. One has the 4 leaves in the OCD style and one has wedges like the Pullman chisel. I also own an OCD V2 (Its going on the market) but I really prefer the "chisel" style and it only cost me $57 delivered and you can choose 58mm or 58.4mm. The only problem was the delivery time as It took about 4 weeks to get here. So in my view the copies work just as well. I can't see the Jack being better than any easily accessible equivalent in Aus. or China
        Last edited by barri; 16th May 2020, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by barri View Post

Absolutely!
          I've used 2 Chinese copies. One has the 4 leaves in the OCD style and one has wedges like the Pullman chisel. I also own an OCD V2 (Its going on the market) but I really prefer the "chisel" style and it only cost me $57 delivered and you can choose 58mm or 58.4mm. The only problem was the delivery time as It took about 4 weeks to get here. So in my view the copies work just as well. I can't see the Jack being better than any easily accessible equivalent in Aus. or China
          Thanks for the info. I was going to pull the trigger on the OCD, but out of stock, so... Was curious if the Chinese cheapies did just as good a job (I can't imagine why they wouldn't). I suspect the main difference is probably slightly better precision on the brand names (ie - all 3/4 "blades" will be the exact depth to within a tighter margin).

At the end of the day, though, I suck at tamping, and want to give one of these a go.

Z...

Comment

Zee, some of them have little markings on them, like the OCD, and although they aren't essential they make adjustments easier. Would you you be interested in my OCD V2 for $100 plus postage? Selling it because Personal preference towards the chisel type

Comment

Originally posted by barri View Post
              Zee, some of them have little markings on them, like the OCD, and although they aren't essential they make adjustments easier. Would you you be interested in my OCD V2 for $100 plus postage? Selling it because Personal preference towards the chisel type
              Not at this stage, I'm stuck in the Philippines, and it now seems I am going to be here for a long, long time.

Z...

Comment

Working...
              X