Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decent Espresso - quick accessories review

Greetings all,
    Was having trouble dialing in my new Bezzera BZ-10. For starters, Bezzera ships this beautiful machine with a plastic tamper and I gave my Breville machine to a friend with its tamper installed in its little magnetic hideout.
    Next, I had a new Breville Smart Grind Pro that also needed dialing in.
    I ordered the Decent tamper V2 with a 22gm basket, the Decent scale and a digital thermometer. With quality local beans, I had everything dialed in and consistently producing great shots in about an hour!
    The tamper is a thing of beauty, deserving of its place next to the Bezzera, fitting snugly into the basket and while I couldn't tell you what pressure I am tamping at, I don't care because I know its always level and my shots are as we like them and consistent. I've always loved well engineered equipment, no matter what aspect of life it is being used for and this tamper feels like using a top of the line Snap On torque wrench or something.
    To be perfectly honest I really expected to be spending more time adjusting and fine tuning and I still will just for fun, but I seem to have got these particular beans set up perfectly in short order. With the quick warm up time of the BZ-10, morning joy is quick and easy.
    Shout out to Decent Espresso for the quality accessories!
    ps.
    As for the BZ-10.......So pleased with that decision!

Can agree with ya. I needed some new toys for my recent upgrade and took advantage of the decent free shipping w/ x amount of items. Purchased 2 jugs, a v2 tamper, tamping cradle and a few baskets.
    They shipped Monday from HK and arrived at my door on Thursday which was great. The accessories are all pretty high quality and work really well. I love the size and feel of the tamper in my palm, it just 'feels right'. Do reccomend

Comment

I've had a similar experience ordering from them. The free shipping (3 items) / discount system (10% at 5 items) is interesting. It seems there will be times when adding a small item or two will not just give you free shipping, but lower the total also. On my recent order of accessories, I added two items I was on the fence about, because I noticed one would essentially be free after the discount is applied.

Comment

Originally posted by Washburne View Post
        Greetings all,
        Was having trouble dialing in my new Bezzera BZ-10. For starters, Bezzera ships this beautiful machine with a plastic tamper and I gave my Breville machine to a friend with its tamper installed in its little magnetic hideout.
        Next, I had a new Breville Smart Grind Pro that also needed dialing in.
        I ordered the Decent tamper V2 with a 22gm basket, the Decent scale and a digital thermometer. With quality local beans, I had everything dialed in and consistently producing great shots in about an hour!
        The tamper is a thing of beauty, deserving of its place next to the Bezzera, fitting snugly into the basket and while I couldn't tell you what pressure I am tamping at, I don't care because I know its always level and my shots are as we like them and consistent. I've always loved well engineered equipment, no matter what aspect of life it is being used for and this tamper feels like using a top of the line Snap On torque wrench or something.
        To be perfectly honest I really expected to be spending more time adjusting and fine tuning and I still will just for fun, but I seem to have got these particular beans set up perfectly in short order. With the quick warm up time of the BZ-10, morning joy is quick and easy.
        Shout out to Decent Espresso for the quality accessories!
        ps.
        As for the BZ-10.......So pleased with that decision!
        Bezzera machines are very easy to come to terms with, even using the plastic tamper supplied, I would guess that the new grinder would have been the biggest contributor to your success.

New tampers, thermometers etc are nice to have but really don't contribute all that much to the process.

Pleased to hear your doing well with your new BZ-10, I'm a big fan of Bezzera machines.
        Last edited by Yelta; 14th October 2019, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X