Quick Question re Lunar Scale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Question re Lunar Scale

Am I right in saying it is not possible to have time displayed in Mode 6 Auto Tare?
    If so a little disappointed as this is what I used with the Brewista

Just press the left power button to start/stop the timer manually in this mode.

Comment

It should according to the manual, can you describe what you want to happen and what is happening?

Comment

I just checked and I can't get mode 6, I checked my Felicita Arc manual and it doesn't reference that mode at all, but it is in the Acai Lunar manual. I have a feeling it isn't implemented in the firmware.

Comment

You might need a firmware update.

Comment

Originally posted by level3ninja View Post
            It should according to the manual, can you describe what you want to happen and what is happening?
            I want to auto tare with the timer also available to start manually.
            Select the mode to display by going through menu to mode 6 turn it on. Then scroll through modes using the button until the square is displayed. Only shows weight same as mode 1, but Tares the weight automatically. No timer displayed.???

Comment

OK according to the manual is should show timer p.19

https://cdn.acaia.co/web/doc/manuals...anual_0731.pdf

Thanks all I’ll have another play

did someone say RTFM!

Comment

Yeah I just had a play with mine. The manual shows the timer as well as the weight, but mine is only showing the weight in the middle, like yours is. I just updated the firmware and it didn't change.

Comment

Possible workaround, if you don't mind the timer auto stopping when the pour stops you can manually start the timer in the drip+square mode, which will auto tare. It will auto start the timer when it sees the first drops but you can also manually start the timer before that happens.

Comment

Possible workaround, if you don't mind the timer auto stopping when the pour stops you can manually start the timer in the drip+square mode, which will auto tare. It will auto start the timer when it sees the first drops but you can also manually start the timer before that happens.
                    Yes! That will work, never really liked fumbling with the timer button on the Brewista at the end of the shot. Thanks, good thinking

Comment

Sent a message to Acaia confirming our findings re Auto Tare.
                      Just tried your suggestion ninja, works a treat
                      Last edited by flashpixx; 25th October 2019, 10:32 AM.

Comment

response from Acaia with link to the "correct manual"
                        Hello,
                        Thank you for reaching out. There is no timer with the Auto-Tare Only mode. It looks as though if you google "Acaia Lunar manual," an outdated manual pops up. Our corrected manual can be found on our website, here is the link to the manual:
                        https://web-acaia-static.s3.amazonaw...N_20190211.pdf
                        I apologize for any confusion.
                        Let us know if you have any other questions.
                        Cheers,
                        Tony

Comment

That's my Lunar go to for weighing extraction, pull the lever and simultaneously start the timer manually (tap the on/off button), the timer auto stops when the scale detects no more weight gain, its pretty accurate, i.e. when the main pour ends, at roughly 40secs, the last couple of drops take about another one sometimes two seconds before the scale auto stops and final reading is usually 40gish in 42secsish. Last drops are irrelevant and don't always catch them - depends. Also have the Brewista2 which I use for weighing the roasteds input.

Comment

Originally posted by noonar View Post
                            That's my Lunar go to for weighing extraction, pull the lever and simultaneously start the timer manually (tap the on/off button), the timer auto stops when the scale detects no more weight gain, its pretty accurate, i.e. when the main pour ends, at roughly 40secs, the last couple of drops take about another one sometimes two seconds before the scale auto stops and final reading is usually 40gish in 42secsish. Last drops are irrelevant and don't always catch them - depends. Also have the Brewista2 which I use for weighing the roasteds input.
                            I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with the Lunar, either that or my PTSD is amping up today.

my workflow is to weigh the output from the grinder then weigh and time the shot.

To weigh the grind I need to Tare the container manually, all auto-tare options just reweigh the container full of grinds

Looks like I will have to do as you are, have two scale, Brewista2 for the beans, and lunar for the extraction, PITA

...and changing modes with the power button sometimes works, sometimes it don't... press... press. harder... harder... grrrr

Comment

Yeah I was also using a Brewista2 for weighing beans/ground coffee and then the Felicita Arc for weighing & timing the shot.

But I have since started using the Lunar for both in manual tare + timer mode. Once you get used it, it is super fast and I don't really notice having to tare manually. Although this might work well for me be because using the Niche Zero is hands off I just let it grind while I reset the scales and tare with the cup I am running a shot into.

Comment

Working...
                              X