Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coffee mats or trays? What do you have under your set-up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tekcoR
    replied
    I suggest heading to a plastics shop/manufacturer.

Have a look at their range and ask them if they can cut to size.
    They have all sorts of colours and thicknesses, and will be a ton cheaper than anything you find at a hardware store.

I've been a couple of times to get sheets of clear plastic.

Worth a look I reckon.

Leave a comment:

• Dimal
    replied
    We used something similar that was bought from Woolies or Coles...
    Something like the ones pictured below but more colours and styles.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Plastic Mats.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	753130

Mal.

Leave a comment:

• GrahamK
    replied
    Not sure of this would be suitable, but Ikea sell Plastic Desk pads to protect desk surfaces. They used to have ones called PROJS which were 65cmx45cm. They work well, easy to clean, and cheap enough to replace when they start getting too shabby. I use them, and bought a few spares at the time. They no longer seem to have them, but the following ones look very similar (on their website anyway):
    SKVALLRA Desk pad $7.99 which is 38cmx58cm.

GrahamK

Leave a comment:

• degaulle
    replied
    I got my hands on a 2nd hand Fiorenzato F64Evo that came without a catchtray... I quickly dropped the idea of ordering the tray separately due to the size of this grinder and the limited depth of my workbench. I just hold a saucer underneath the PF fork, poke the inside of the chute with a skewer or a brush and brush the fork clean. Catches virtually all of the leftover grounds. A quick wipe of the surface at the base of the grinder and I am done.

Leave a comment:

• Barry O'Speedwagon
    replied
    Originally posted by mdillon71 View Post
    Yes I bought one of those but it doesn't give me a place to tamp or catch the spills. I might get some rubber matting from Bunnings and cut it to size.

Thanks for the suggestion though.
    Let's say you have a mat that 'catches the spills'. What are you planning to do next that makes this whole process cleaner than just cleaning your bench? I'm not being a smart alec....just trying to understand the specific problem. If the mat goes under your grinder it's going to be a pain to move to dispose of grinds. If it doesn't go under your grinder, spills are going to find their way elsewhere, surely?

Leave a comment:

• level3ninja
    replied
    What's your kitchen bench made out of that it needs protecting from ground coffee? I think that's the part of the problem you might be the only one to have.

Leave a comment:

• mdillon71
    replied
    Yes I bought one of those but it doesn't give me a place to tamp or catch the spills. I might get some rubber matting from Bunnings and cut it to size.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied
    Maybe something like this would suit?

External Dimensions: 482mm (W) x 66mm (H) x 317mm (D)

Site sponsors Coffee-a-Roma and Jet Black both have them, I assume others do too.
    https://www.coffee-a-roma.com.au/sto...-_Drawers.html

Use the [Quote Form] and any sponsors that help will get back to you (sometime after the long weekend I expect).

Lots of CS'rs had them with the Silvia, nice way of keeping everything neat (if the size suits).

Leave a comment:

• mdillon71
    started a topic Coffee mats or trays? What do you have under your set-up?

Coffee mats or trays? What do you have under your set-up?

I thought this would be an easy problem to solve but it's proving difficult.

I have a Rancilio Silvia & Eureka Mignon grinder. I'd like a mat or tray to go under this set-up so I need something roughly 450mm x 350mm to catch the odd spill, loose grounds etc and just protect the kitchen bench.

What do you use? I've checked out tamp mats but they don't make them big enough and I've looked at stainless steel baking trays from hospitality stores but they're either the wrong size or too chunky.

Surely I'm not the only one with this problem??
Working...
X