X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOR15
    replied
    Originally posted by hm520 View Post
    Cost $40 delivered for a new ulka pump off eBay, plus the time for it to be delivered. Took about 30mins to open and change the pump in a via Venezia, not sure what the internals are like in the BDB, but given the volume that they’re sold there’s surely a manual out there. EDIT: just did a quick search and there are multiple ifixit guides to the BDB, so shouldn’t be hard.
    Its not the money part or time. Was asking more because here it is, I have been given one in a throw away machine that instead of just trashing, I cleaned and it’s perfect. I’m not one to trash something good to repair something else. If only it was another BDB then the rest would be parts also. If I pull the pump, the rest is trash. If I am to order a pump I would get the brass with brass OPV.

Leave a comment:

• hm520
    replied
    Cost $40 delivered for a new ulka pump off eBay, plus the time for it to be delivered. Took about 30mins to open and change the pump in a via Venezia, not sure what the internals are like in the BDB, but given the volume that they’re sold there’s surely a manual out there.

EDIT: just did a quick search and there are multiple ifixit guides to the BDB, so shouldn’t be hard.

Leave a comment:

• BOR15
    replied
    Originally posted by level3ninja View Post
    It's not like moving the pump is irreversible? Give it a go and see if it fixed the problem.
    You have just made my next weekend busier with a project. Thanks for the 60 hour week and project ?

Leave a comment:

• level3ninja
    replied
    It's not like moving the pump is irreversible? Give it a go and see if it fixed the problem.

Leave a comment:

• BOR15
    replied
    Originally posted by roosterben View Post
    Don't kill the Gaggia it you can get a pump for about $40 if you have a look on Evilbay. Someone might have a used one on Coffee snobs if you post a wanted ad. But I guess if you are without coffee, swap the pump and order or source a new one.
    Not without at all. The 920 still works but it just feels like the pump is tired when it first starts the shot. The gaggia was being tossed out but I grabbed it to save it for the pump. But gave it a clean just to see how it would go. After clean it was spot on. That’s why I’m at a loss.

Leave a comment:

• roosterben
    replied
    Don't kill the Gaggia it you can get a pump for about $40 if you have a look on Evilbay. Someone might have a used one on Coffee snobs if you post a wanted ad. But I guess if you are without coffee, swap the pump and order or source a new one.

Leave a comment:

• BOR15
    started a topic At a loss - strip Gaggia or sell

At a loss - strip Gaggia or sell

Hey Guys,

Im at a loss here. I have a BES920 that i would like to replace the Ukla pump on. Recently i got given a complete Gaggia Baby D that has a good pump. Even though the Gaggia is over 10 years old from manufacture date, it has only been used a handful of times. I pulled it down and gave it a good clean. all looks pristine and pulls a nice shot.

So, what do i do? Pull the Gaggia apart and technically trash it or sell it and get the brass pump and opv?

thanks Boris
Working...
X