• pgseye
    replied
    Thanks crazyhakins - very helpful.

Leave a comment:

• crazyhakins
    replied
    Originally posted by pgseye View Post
    Thanks Guys,

I don't think there are any issues with the sensor (at least that seem obvious to me).

I live in Melbourne and I just use unfiltered tap water. If anything I was thinking the water was leaving a bit of a dirty residue over time that may have been affecting the sensor if it was optically based, but I've since read that it works on a magnet instead.

So, not sure - I've been thinking about having it serviced at some stage. Maybe this will push me to do that.

Paul
    I have a P500 and do find I need to clean the water reservoir regularly as a bit of gunk starts to build up in there. Melbourne water is quite soft but you might consider getting some kind of filtration. An easy option is the BWT water filter jug from JetBlack Espresso. Given you have the 700 you could go full on plumbed in with an in-line filter as well which would be quite nice. Something I have considered. Definitely isn't the non-filtered water causing the problem.

I do also find the water level sensor in mine is a little inconsistent. It tends to tell the machine the water is too low when it still has a decent amount of water still in it (maybe 500mls). I just keep an eye on the levels. Worst is though when I start a shot and the light starts flashing and the machine stops mid-shot.

One thing to just check, take the top cover off so you can see the internals of the machine and check that when the reservoir is in place it's sitting snug against the metal plate the sensor is attached to and in line with it. It's possible there's a misalignment that's interrupting the sensor picking up the magnet as it runs over it.

Leave a comment:

• pgseye
    replied
    Thanks Guys,

I don't think there are any issues with the sensor (at least that seem obvious to me).

I live in Melbourne and I just use unfiltered tap water. If anything I was thinking the water was leaving a bit of a dirty residue over time that may have been affecting the sensor if it was optically based, but I've since read that it works on a magnet instead.

So, not sure - I've been thinking about having it serviced at some stage. Maybe this will push me to do that.

Paul

Leave a comment:

• EspressoAdventurer
    replied
    PG
    First thing to crosscheck would be your water quality.
    Likely to be 'too clean'.
    Where are you situated?
    What filtration - if any - are you using?

Leave a comment:

• crazyhakins
    replied
    Have you had a look at the sensor to see if there’s any physical issues with it?

Leave a comment:

• pgseye
    started a topic Water sensor issue

Water sensor issue

HI Guys,

I have a 3 year old Profitec 700 and lately I've been noticing that to get it to register water in the tank, I either need to gently lift the tank up a little and reposition it, or jiggle the little float/magnet at the bottom. It doesn't happen all the time but often enough that it will switch off even with a nearly-full tank (mainly after dispensing hot water)

What are the most common reasons for this sort of behaviour?

Thanks,

Paul
Working...
X