Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you made a tamper?

Have you made your own tamper?

Was it successful and do you still use it?

Attach a photo if possible.

Would be great to see all your examples and creativity!

I haven’t made a tamper as such but recently I’ve 3D printed a collar that is held in between then base and the handle so to create a level tamp
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	282.4 KB
ID:	831681
    Attached Files

Comment

That's neat!
      The tamper itself looks decent. Is it a two piece?

Comment

• wirecutter23
        wirecutter23 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah just a cheap two piece tamper. I think it was from Rhino

I think you’re probably wanting to see tampers that people have made from scratch one way or another. I don’t have one of them, but I do have one that I put together using a refurbished handle. Last year sometime I picked up a second hand Impress tamper for about $10 as it was looking a bit rough. Impress tampers have been a common sight in cafes here in NZ for a long time and you can often score old ones free or very cheap. I cleaned up the base and put it on another spare handle that I had and have it tucked away in the cupboard. It’s 58.0mm on a good day so not quite big enough for my liking. The older handle was looking pretty rough so I sanded it back and repaired a couple of small cracks then gave it the custom paint job you can see below. To finish it off I bought a 58.3mm base off AliExpress and have been using it ever since. I like the look and it’s nice to use so I think it’ll be with me for quite some time.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X