Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BWT Bestmax Premium

Hi all,

So we know that water is just as important variable as the espresso equipment itself, and coffee specific water is needed mainly to reduce/eliminate scale and increase flavour. ​​​​​​Understood that every household's PPM will be different and some places not even needing any filters at all. Just wanted to ask however, those that do have coffee specific water systems, what you all think is the best long term solution in 2020, and what do you all use? Personally I don't like the filter jugs or pillows to be a permanent or convenient way to fill up machines as they have their limitations in one way or another. So I think this veers towards undersink solutions?

2 options: Filtered tap water, and remineralised RO.

- I am looking at the BWT Bestmax Premium, looks to be the most popular and well reviewed, have yet to hear anything negative about it. There is though one thing, I think this applies to the other models not this one? Every morning or few hours it needs to be flushed, at least 0.5-1L as the water in it is too conditioned. Wondering if that applies to this model? How would that work if a machine was plumbed in. Also thoughts on this vs other brands?

- And what about Remineralised RO? Are they superior? Any reason to choose this over the BWT? Honestly haven't searched much into this.

I don't have a plumbed in machine, although will probably eventually get one.

Thanks for your input, much appreciated.

Bump. Anybody?

Comment

Don't know how many CSers use this brand of filter...
      Looking at the spec's it appears similar to Brita and other top-shelf filtering systems.
      Decision should probably be based on availability from your closest supplier.

Mal.

Comment

• c0alJK
        c0alJK commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah that sounds about right. Good answer cheers Mal.

I watched a lot of "Whole Latte Love" Youtube back there... ?

https://coffeesnobs.com.au/forum/equ...m-in-australia

Comment

Originally posted by gerbi View Post
        I watched a lot of "Whole Latte Love" Youtube back there... ?

https://coffeesnobs.com.au/forum/equ...m-in-australia
        I watched the WLL video too, did you end up getting the BWT? I was also convinced BWT is the best due to the recommendations from US. It was a bit hard to find one that is highly recommended as much in AUS, I think most just do a trial and error essentially. Would love to buy local but they all have limited info compared to BWT

Comment

• level3ninja
          level3ninja commented
          Editing a comment
          I think you'll find the difference in recommendation levels is more likely to be cultural than product related.

Search Puretec Balance Plus filters
        Adelaide based company who make there filters in Adelaide.
        I am using one, see my post in Brisbane filters in the $3000 machine section of this forum.
        Maurice

Comment

Originally posted by Birkin7 View Post
          Search Puretec Balance Plus filters
          Adelaide based company who make there filters in Adelaide.
          I am using one, see my post in Brisbane filters in the $3000 machine section of this forum.
          Maurice
          Thanks for your info Maurice. Mind if I ask you which model you got? If it is the B100, how did you find the flow rate? The others are better but too much capacity for my use. Not sure if the 0.6lpm is sufficient pressure for pre infusion or to fill the boiler?

I'm not using a plumbed in atm, but can see myself eventually upgrading to one

Comment

I am using the B100, I have a VBM junior so tank and vib pump so .6 ppm flow is not a problem. I just keep a couple of 5 litre containers filled in the laundry and fill the machine and chilled water container in the fridge as required. I may go to B150 at the next filter change as between drinking water, coffee machine supply and our steamer ironing station I am getting close to 2400 litres annually, close to limit of scale protection on the B100. B150 has higher flow rate, but to answer your question on pre infusion maybe give the Puretec tech guys a call in Adelaide-Anna has got border lockdown on phone calls yet.
            cheers, Maurice

Comment

Originally posted by Birkin7 View Post
              I am using the B100, I have a VBM junior so tank and vib pump so .6 ppm flow is not a problem. I just keep a couple of 5 litre containers filled in the laundry and fill the machine and chilled water container in the fridge as required. I may go to B150 at the next filter change as between drinking water, coffee machine supply and our steamer ironing station I am getting close to 2400 litres annually, close to limit of scale protection on the B100. B150 has higher flow rate, but to answer your question on pre infusion maybe give the Puretec tech guys a call in Adelaide-Anna has got border lockdown on phone calls yet.
              cheers, Maurice
              Beautiful, thanks so much Maurice really helps a lot

Comment

Originally posted by c0alJK View Post

did you end up getting the BWT?
                Nope. Back there I could not find anyone selling them here.

Comment

Working...
                X