• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rocket Giotto brew temp problems

You have a dead pressurestat Boris. Time for a replacement

Comment

Taking a stab with my limited knowledge, Id say the pressure stat has either been reconnected wrong or has died.

Best to wait for someone else with more know how to respond though.

I assume you will try and get the tech back after the holiday, but in the mean time you might need to find another source for your caffeine fix.

Where do the wires for the pressure stat go on the control box and what brand is it?

Comment

Thanks for the comments gents.

Talk Coffee, is it likely the initial not heating condition was the pressure stat all along. I guess I can refit the old board to test. Now to get hold of a pressure stat from some where. The one fitted is a Mater C199900294, anyone know if theyre repairable?

Control box is the Rocket A190004275. The white wire runs to the last pin on the long board side labeled pressure SW. The black runs to the third last on the same side, no label. The replacement box is the same PN though the labels markings are different. The tech did a pin location to location swap. Wiring diagram indicates its correctly wired.

Comment

Hi Jon,

The current box used is the proelind. Your tech should also have wired the board and your machine to the current standard. If you have black and grey going to the pressurestat, you will in time blow another board- so ask him to complete the work.

The pressurestat switches at the top of the heat cycle and to put it simply, it tells the board to stop sending power to the element. If its dead, it cannot tell the mahcine to stop heating. Your machine is doing precisely this- so I suspect you will find a dud pressurestat.

My opinion is that the 2 issues are unrelated.

Comment

Thanks Talk Coffee, I just checked the other side of the board, and it has Proelind written on it. Plus a grey wire, not white, its been a long day..

The pressure stat fitted is a Mater. From the parts breakdown I read C199900294, anyone know if theyre repairable and or where I can get one if the techs here cant get one?

Comment

Coffeeparts do them, but we have found the low end XP110-L prone to failure. Plakky screw at circa $50 =  [smiley=thumbdown.gif].

Look for the better brass screw version at more like $90. I think the T125 is probably better than the 110 :-/. Any pressurestat will do the job. Sirai, Jaeger even commercial- so long as it will fit.

Comment

Hi Boris,

We stock the brass screw Mater XP110 in preference to the plastic screw type:

http://www.jetblackespresso.com.au/s...urestat-xp110/

Comment

Thanks Gents,

Order placed with JetBlack Espresso, I opted for express post. Hopefully Ill get it Friday..

Thanks for your assistance.

Comment

Ok so the new brass screw Pressure stat arrived Friday (at the post office). Fitted it this morning, exact same result. Boiler keeps going and going, tank pressure valve starts to bleed off at around 1.7 bar. With the Press stat screw all the way in, or all the way out, no difference. I bleed the tank pressure back down to 0.5 bar before re-testing.

Any ideas?

Comment

Re: Rocket Giotto brew temp problemsGhost

Ghosts I tell ya..!!. Refitted the old board, just to rule out gremlins. Wrong, now the boiler heats up, was not expecting that. Pressure is doing its thing, though kind of low. So what do I do now? Ahhhh >

Comment

I guess its possible - if the pressurestat is wired through the control board - that there is a fault in the board or even in the wiring.

However:
                        Originally posted by 1D302D362C5F0 link=1330761829/14#14 date=1335263088
                        but control board dead. I had a service agent supply and fit it. The functional check was to electrically check the board was getting power, Check, job done. When hed left, I reassembled the G , carried it into the kitchen and switched her on.
                        If you paid a service agent, and youre left with a non-functioning machine, then shouldnt the same service agent be called back to fix it? After all, you paid to get it working, so he should deliver it working...

Comment

Take two, the old board is now refusing to heat again, so at least that confirms the old board is dodgy, but the old Pstat was fine. Refitted the new board, heating, but no response by the pstat. Me thinks a dodgy board I got.

Yes, the service agent is booked to come out again, while I dont have to pay the 187 call out fee, Im still up for the 97 per hour labour, and what really chaps my grits is, I reckon it will be the board, and I know they dont carry them in the service vans, so itll be another week !!

Comment

Yes Boris- normal for a flaky board.

You now need to adjust the pressurestat to 1.2 bar at top of boiler pressure.

Owners- some things to keep in mind:
                            1- If you repair your own machine, you take on all warranty responsibility.

2- If you own a Giotto Classic or Premium, check the wiring to the pressurestat and if you see thin black and grey, take your machine to an appropriately qualified tech. and have it rewired to current spec. It will prolong the life of your current board and may well save you a few hundy on a new board at some point in the future. The new wiring protocol is much easier on the control board.

Dont say you werent warned

Chris

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Talk Coffee. The wiring in mine looks pretty close to the post 2005 wiring diagram, only grey and black wire to the Pstat. Isnt that something a tech should notice? Why are good tradies so hard to find..

Comment

Originally posted by 4D607D667C0F0 link=1330761829/28#28 date=1335599404
                                Thanks for the heads up Talk Coffee. The wiring in mine looks pretty close to the post 2005 wiring diagram, only grey and black wire to the Pstat. Isnt that something a tech should notice? Why are good tradies so hard to find..
                                Yes Boris. If it isnt rewired, you will be back with the same problem. My advice is to ask him to complete the job properly or find someone who can do the work.

Comment

Working...
                                X